Miscellaneous Things about the Library
Donations to the Library
The library takes book donations twice a year usually two to three weeks before our large booksales. Signs will be posted around the library when it's time to bring in your donations. The library will accept books, movies and music during stated book donation times. We will not accept: Reader's Digest Condensed Books, magazines, encyclopedias, text books or anything musty, dirty or damanged. If you keep count of the number of paperbacks, hardcovers and other items you donate, we will be happy to write out a gift receipt for you for tax purposes.
You may also wish to donate a magazine subscription or money in someones memory. Please contact the library for further details.
1. Reserve items in our catalog, call the library at 810-231-1771, or email email@example.com to let a staff member know what you would like to read or watch.
2. If it is available, we will hold it and notify you when items are ready for pickup. Please allow an hour for us to pull items.
3. Come to the library and park in 5-minute parking.
4. Call to let the staff know you’ve arrived.
5. Have your library card or photo ID in hand.
6. A staff member will be out with your items ready to go so you can be on your way.
Fine Free Seniors
If you are 60 years or older, you no longer have to pay late fines that accrue of your library card.
To be eligible, show your Michigan Driver's License at the front desk, so we can update your status.
Please note, you will still receive reminders when items are due and you will still need to pay for any lost or damaged items.
What do I read next?
Sometimes it's hard to find your next read so here are some sites that might be able to help you out ...
Opening the Book
Your Next Read