Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. PO Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48189
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
March 21, 2023
Meeting was called to order by M. Farrell at 6:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Present: J. Colone, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, B. Rosek, C. Walter.
Absent: R. Hocking.
Also present: H. Hentz, C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Evergreen, seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the Minutes from February 21, 2023 made by Walter, seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
Call to the Public: None present.
- Motion to accept the February 2023 Financial Report as presented made by Rosek, seconded by Walter. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher #636 in the amount of $61,786.89 made by Evergreen, seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
- In-house Statistics – Patrons served: 3,543; New patrons: 50; Item checkouts: 5,317; Computer use: 137.
- Online Statistics - Axis360: 416, Libby: 919; PressReader: 49, Zinio 68; Fold3: 27; Heritage Quest: 19; Infobase: 0; Career Guidance: 0; Niche Academy: 8.
- Other News – Mr. & Mrs. Mielke are donating the first Little Free Library. It will be placed on the trailhead by Winklehaus Park. Library will keep it filled.
- Upcoming Programs:
- March Food for Thought Food Drive
- 3/22 ‘Tween Craft: Clothespin Peg Lamps @ 6:00pm
- 3/22 Genealogy Series: DNA, Now What? (virtual) @ 6:30pm
- 3/29 Read to Oscar the Dog @ 4:30pm
- 4/4 Drop-In Genealogy @ 1:00pm
- 4/5 Jackie’s Book Club: The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner @ 1:00pm
- 4/6 Adult Craft Pick-Up: Clothespin Dragonflies
- 4/10 Great Decisions (virtual) @ 1:30pm
- 4/11 The Schvitz: Detroit’s Only Bath House Left in the City @ 6:30pm
- 4/17 American Music Series: Girl Singers of the Big Band Era @ 6:30pm
- 4/18 Spice Club: Jamaican Jerk (virtual) @ 1:00pm
- Motion to approve the Materials Selection Policy and Request for Reconsideration process and form made by Rosek; seconded by Walter. Motion carried.
1) Updated security camera bids – Hentz has been seeking bids for an updated CCTV system. All bids will be presented at the April meeting.
2) New library sign – W4 Signs in Brighton will have several designs for board discussion at the April meeting.
- Debbie Kooperman reporting:
- Friends Open House on 3/16/23 was another success! Attended by 4 BOT members (Thank You!) and 24 Friends! We added some additional volunteers for the upcoming Book Sale, Spring Garden Cleanup, additional Tech help and we have identified a volunteer to fill our open Member At Large role! Yeah!!!
- Spring Book Sale:
- Donations will be accepted 3/27-30/23 during regular Library hours
- Members Only Pre-Sale will be Saturday 4/1 from 9am-12pm
- Open to all - 4/3-4/8 during regular Library hours
- Cleanup 4/10-12
- 4 members of Friends (Judy Webber, Linda Gracioch, Janina Murdock & Debbie Kooperman) attended the Friends of Michigan Library (FMOL) event on 3/17 at the Novi Public Library and it was a great event! The event included Table Chat sessions where we split up to meet and discuss topics with 50 attendees from 24 Friends groups - there was a great variety of attendees! We are looking forward to joining FOML and attending future events! Thanks to Holly for bringing this to our attention!
- Lynn Riehl has requesting additional funding for the Adult Summer Reading Program "Cruising Through the Decades" that we are prepared to support when the final requirements and funding needs are defined - sounds like great fun!
Relevant Board Issues
- Farrell will not be present at the April meeting.
Motion to adjourn the meeting made by Walter; seconded by Rosek. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:40pm. Next Meeting: April 18, 2023 @ 7:00pm