Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. PO Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48189
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
January 17, 2023
Present: Michaelene Farrell, Jodie Colone, Mary Evergreen, Richelle Hocking, Crystal Walter.
Also Present: Christine Weber.
This regular meeting of the Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees was called to order by Michaelene Farrell at 7:00pm. in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
- Motion to approve Agenda as presented made by Hocking; seconded by Walter. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from December 20, 2022 as presented made by Rosek; seconded by Evergreen; Motion carried.
Call to the Public: None.
- Motion to approve December 2022 Financial Report made by Colone; seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher #634 in the amount of $63,800.89 made by Evergreen; seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
- In-house Statistics: 3,180 patrons served; 42 new patrons; 4,884 in-house item check-outs; 100 computer uses.
- Online Statistics: Axis360 check-outs: 1015; PressReader check-outs: 64; Ancestry uses: 0; Fold3 uses: 1; Heritage Quest uses: 0; Infobase uses: 0; Career Guidance uses: 0; Niche Academy uses: 42.
- Other News: 536 Axis36 checkout + 479 Libby checkouts=1015 total ematerial checkouts for one month – a new record!
- Upcoming Programs
- 1/18 Tween Craft: Bandana Pillows, 6:00pm
- 1/19 Author talk: Night at the Antique Store (v), 6:30pm
- 1/24 Yoga, 9:30am, $10
- 1/25 Intermediate Genealogy, 6:30pm
- 1/25 Read to Oscar the Dog, 4:30pm – 5:30pm
- 1/28 R.J. Spangler Jazz Quintet, 2:00pm
- 1/31 Yoga, 9:30am, $10
- 2/1 Jackie’s Book Club: The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix Harrow, 1:00pm
- 2/6 Adult Pick-Up Craft: Tissue Paper Vase & Flowers
- 2/7 Yoga, 9:30am, $10
- 2/7 Drop-In Genealogy, 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- 2/7 Leap Into Science: Wind & Air, 6:30pm
- 2/8 DIA: The Essentials (v), 6:30pm
- 2/9 Autotram: Clark Equipment Co.’s Aluminum Railcar (v), 6:30pm
- 2/13 Great Decisions (v), 1:30pm
- 2/13 Mackinac Bridge: Then and Now (v), 6:30pm
- 2/14 Yoga, 9:30am, $10
- 2/21 Yoga, 9:30am, $10
- 2/21 Spice Club (v), 1:00pm
- Board discussed the updated Materials Selection Policy and the new Request for Reconsideration Policy and Form. Motion to have Hentz forward updated documents to library attorney for final review as corrected made by Rosek. Seconded by Walter. Motion carried.
- Pella has confirmed installation of new window in children’s area for January 18.
- No Friends present: Debbie Kooperman submitted a letter update. The board encourages a date change for the book sale considering spring break and the upcoming holiday.
Relevant Board Issues:
Motion to adjourn the meeting made by Walter; seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 7:47p.m. Next Meeting: February 21, 2023 @ 7:00pm.