Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. PO Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48189
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
April 18, 2023 @ 7:00pm
This regular meeting of the Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees was called to order by Richelle Hocking at 7:00 pm. in Group Study B.
Present: Jodie Colone, Mary Evergreen, Richelle Hocking, Bridgette Rosek, Crystal Walter
Absent: Michaelene Farrell
Also Present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber
- Motion to approve Agenda as presented made by Rosek; seconded by Evergreen; Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from March 21, 2023 as presented made by Colone; seconded by Walter; Motion carried.
Call to the Public: No one addressed the board.
- Motion to approve March 2023 Financial Report made by Walter; seconded by Rosek; Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher #637 in the amount of $71,108.00 made by Evergreen; seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
- New Bank Accounts & CDs:
- Motion to open new PNC CD account for 89 days $250,000 at 4.10%. made by Colone; supported by Walter. Motion carried.
- Motion to change the PNC retail Money Market at 0.01% to a Commercial Money Market Account at 2.45% made by Rosek; supported by Walter. Motion carried.
- Motion to change the PNC retail Business Checking to a Commercial Business Checking Account made by Walter; supported by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to leave a balance of $30,000.00 in the PNC account and move the remaining funds (estimated at $245,573.04) to the Commercial Money Market account and to move money from the PNC Merchant Account leaving a balance of $100.00 in the account and move the remaining funds (estimated at $9,383.12) to the Commercial Money Market account made by Rosek; seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- In-house Statistics: 4,008 patrons served; 63 new patrons; 6,232 in-house item check-outs; 166 computer uses.
- Online Statistics: Axis360/Libby check-outs: 408/1337; PressReader/Zinio check-outs: 77/74; Fold3 uses: 0; Heritage Quest uses: 0; Infobase uses: 0; Career Guidance uses: 0; Niche Academy uses: 37.
- Other News: None.
- Upcoming Programs:
- 4/18 Spice Club: Jamaican Jerk (virtual) @ 1:00pm
- 4/19 Tween Craft Night: Yarn Wrapped Bottles @ 6:00pm
- 4/22 Embroidery Class: Bookmark @ 1:00pm
- 4/26 Read to Oscar the Dog @ 4:30pm
- 4/28 Drop-In Craft Day, ages 6+ @ 3:00pm
- 4/29 Lavender Cooking Class @ 11:00am & 2:00pm
- 5/1 Adult Craft Kit: Painted Daisy Mason Jar
- 5/2 Genealogy Drop-In Assistance @ 1:00pm
- 5/3 Jackie’s Book Club: The Travelling Cat Chronicles by Hiro Arikawa @ 1:00pm
- 5/3 Mother’s Day Craft, ages 12 and under @ 6:30pm
- 5/15 Great Decisions: Economic Warfare @ 1:30pm
- 5/15 American Music History: Postwar Years @ 6:30pm
- 5/16 Spice Club: Herbes de Provence @ 1:00pm
- Motion to approve bid from All Star Alarms for $10,326.00 made by Walter; seconded by Evergreen; Motion carried.
- New Library sign estimates reviewed, mock-up of metal sign options in color to be requested for final review and decision at next month's meeting.
- Resolution to approve Annual Millage Resolution of .9 mil in the year of 2023 made by Walter; seconded by Evergreen; Motion carried.
- Proposed 2023/2024 Budget presentation and discussion was initiated with further review planned for the next meeting.
- Spring Book Sale raised $2,143.96! (Fall 2022 = $1,998.00). 22 volunteers provided 178 hours of support = avg 8+ hours between 3/25-4/5. Additional sorting = easier for patrons to locate desired books = everyone happy! Mores books sold, redistributed (Little Library “keepers”, etc.) and less to Recycle. Additional signs reminded patrons to check it out! FaceBook presence is putting us on the map and the additional postings for donations and Book Sale were well received! We now have 229 followers!
- Now a member of FMOL and have participated in 2 events with another on the radar - great opportunity to learn and share.
- Gift Shop sold $256 in March - has been averaging ~$100/month.
- Now has 116 individual memberships! Gearing up for first membership renewal and setting a goal for reaching 200 individual members for next FY!
- Newest Board Member was confirmed on 4/14/23 - Kristine Wolff, Member At Large.
- Agreed to provide $1,500.00 funding for the Adult Summer Reading Program.
- Gearing up to take on the gardens and a private donation will cover cost of mulch for all of the gardens and plants for revitalizing the Butterfly Garden!
- We are crossing t’s and dotting i’s as we plan for our Annual Meeting in September which will feature our 1st “open” Board Member election.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Rosek and Colone will not be at the May meeting.
Motion to adjourn the meeting made by Walter; seconded by Rosek; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:33 p.m. Next Meeting: May 16, 2023 @ 7:00pm