Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
September 21, 2010
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell and Richelle Hocking.
Absent: Duncan McIntyre.
Guest: Rana Eammons, Post, Smythe, Lutz & Ziel.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda with the addition of New Business, Item 3: Staff Recognition was made by Campbell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the August 24, 2010 minutes as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
1) None present.
2010 Audit Report
Rana Emmons of Post, Smythe, Lutz & Ziel presented the annual audit report. The library received an unqualified opinion which is the highest level possible in an audit report. A motion to accept the 2010 audit report with a letter of unqualified opinion was made by Eibler. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
1) A motion to accept the financial report for August 2010 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 486 in the amount of $49,239.54 which includes a quote for a UPS/battery backup unit ($1090.77) and the ACI estimated installation labor fee for three hours labor ($225.00) was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
1) Hentz solicited volunteers for the Halloween party on October 29 at 7 pm. Crouch, Dombrowski, and Hocking will lend a hand.
2) N. Dethloff resigned her position as page. Clayton Cavallero has been hired in her place.
1) Lt. Brian DeNoyer is the library’s police liaison.
1) The Beautification Committee is exploring a new fundraiser, “Bids, Bubbles and Bon Bons,” set for April 16, 2011 from 6:30-9:30. Tickets would be $20/$25. A silent art auction, champagne, and chocolates with music will be the agenda for the evening. The Board encouraged Hentz and Weber to explore community support for this fundraiser.
2) Board members received an invitation to the annual Trustees and Director’s meeting scheduled for October 27 at the Howell Library. RSVP deadline is October 20th.
3) Holly Hentz received a staff recognition plaque for her 15 years of employment. The Board congratulated Hentz for her leadership in moving the library into the 21st century.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Eibler will miss the next two meetings.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:50pm.