Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
November 19, 2019 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell 7:00pm in Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, J. Katakowski.
Member absent: P. Eibler.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from October 15, 2019 as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Motion by Hocking to approve the October 2019 Financial Report. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Motion by Evergreen to approve Library Voucher # 596 in the amount of $78,999.30. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 252 average daily visits; 272 new patrons; 6,854 item check-outs; 531 Axis360 check-outs; 265 Zinio check-outs; 333 Hoopla check-outs; and 313 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 157; Twitter at 404; Facebook at 991; 2,845 website uses; 3,010 wifi uses.
- Other News: None.
- Upcoming programs:
- Nov. 20 Book Club movie showing: Fahrenheit 451, Free, 1:00pm
- Nov. 20 Michigan Owls, Free, 6:30pm
- Nov. 23-Dec. 14 Toys for Tots – donate new, unwrapped toys.
- Nov. 23 Book Sale, 9am to 2pm
- Nov. 23 Ann Arbor Symphony String Quartet, Free, 1:00pm
- December Mitten Tree – donate new mittens, gloves, scarves, hats.
- Dec. 2 Make Holiday Gifts for Shelter Animals, Free, 4:00pm
- Dec. 3 Tuesday Movie: The Lady Eve (1941), Free, 6:00pm
- Dec. 4 Drop-In Genealogy Help, Free, 1:00pm
- Dec. 4 Book Club: Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See, Free, 1:00pm
- Dec. 4 Drop-In Tech Help, Free, 4:00pm
- Dec. 4 Santa Claus Visit, Free, 6:30pm
- Dec. 5 Lunch & Learn: That’s a Wrap, Free, Noon
- Dec. 6 Friday Movie: Thirty Seconds over Tokyo (1944), Free, 3:00pm
- Dec. 9 Maker Monday: Holiday Mocktails, Free, 6:30pm
- Dec. 10 Ornament Making for 5 and under, Free, 6:30pm
- Dec. 11 Ornament Making for 6+, Free, 6:30m
- Dec. 14 Saturday Movie: Gone with the Wind, Free, Noon
- Dec. 18 Teen Movie: Elf, Free, 5:30pm
- E911 – Fax and security line are in progress.
- Friends of the Library – Core group met Nov. 8 and developed the mission statement, statement of purpose, their portion of the Memorandum of Understanding, and began work on the bylaws. Hentz proposed the library’s portion of the Memorandum of Understanding. Motion by Katakowski to approve the Memorandum of Understanding between the Friends and the Library as presented. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
- Holiday closings: Nov. 28 & 29. Library will be open Nov. 30.
Motion to adjourn made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:46pm.
Next Meeting: December 17, 2019 @ 7:00pm