Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
November 17, 2009
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Richelle Hocking and Duncan McIntyre.
Absent: Michaelene Farrell.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
Guests: Mike Homier and Rana Emmons.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Campbell Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the October 20, 2009 minutes as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept the Financial Report for October 2009 was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
4) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 476 in the amount of $46,353.94 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
Mike Homier of Foster Swift Collins & Smith gave an update on Patron Appeal No. 2009-1.
Rana Emmons of Post Smythe Lutz & Ziel gave the annual audit report. The Library received an unqualified opinion which indicates there were no disagreements with management or with the finances. A motion to accept the 2008/2009 Audit Report by Rana Emmons of Post, Smythe, Lutz and Ziel was made by Crouch. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported the Book Sale netted $593.50 on sale date plus approximately another $100 from books in the lobby. Bake sake netted $243.46 for garden maintenance.
2) Hentz reported all audio cassettes have been purged from the collection. Some titles are being replaced with audio CDs.
3) The library is a drop-off site for the following: Food drive for Gleaner's Community Food Bank, Toys for Tots drive, and Pathfinderís 8th grade class will accept donations of winter wear until early December.
1) Ms. Emmons reviewed the Investment Policy for the Board. A motion to table the vote until the December meeting was made by Crouch. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
2) Library accounts have been opened with National City Bank (checking, savings, and payroll disbursement).
1) A motion for unpaid holiday closings on Nov. 27, December 26, and January 3, 2010 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2) The State Libraryís funding was reduced by 40% (from $10,000 to $6,000,000). MeL databases and MeLCat remained. TLN co-op delivery of books rose from $750/5 days a week delivery to $1,100/2day a week delivery.
3) Motion to purchase a Barracuda security system for the library's computer system not to exceed $2400.00 made by Crouch. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
Call to the Public
1) None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:35pm.
Next meeting will be December 15, 2009 at 7:00pm.