Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
May 16, 2017 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Jodie Colone, Peg Eibler, Mary Evergreen, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as amended (moving Relevant Board Issues #1 up to Approval Of #3) was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the minutes from April 18, 2017 meeting as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
3) The board viewed and discussed the United for Libraries video on policies.
Call to the public
1) A motion to approve Financial Report for April 2017 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 566 in the amount of $82,253.47 was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
1) Statistics: People counter 216 patrons; 45 new patrons; 6,238 item checkouts; 380 Axis360 checkouts; 30 Zinio checkouts; 340 computer uses.
2) Marketing update: Instagram: 94 followers; Twitter 292 followers; Facebook: 557 followers; Website 2,218 uses. The library was present at the Livingston County Job Fair on April 20th with about 100 interactions; and at the Caregiver Fair on April 29th with about 350 visitors at the table. On April 28, both Christie and Carol presented library services at the High School in-service day.
3) Other News: Summer Read Program Kick-off is Friday, June 2nd. Volunteers to arrive at 6:30pm. Hentz distributed SRP flier listing all the summer events.
4) Upcoming Programs:
5/18 Thursday Matinee: Café Society (PG13) Free, 1:00pm
6/2 Summer Reading Kick-Off Party, 7:00pm
6/5 Movie Monday: American Tail (G) , 6:00pm
6/7 Library Book Club: I’ll Drink To That: A Life in Style with a Twist, 1:00pm
6/12 Movie Monday: The Jungle Book (PG), 6:00pm
6/13 SRP (pre-school): Horse Craft, 6:30pm
6/14 SRP (all ages): Baffling Bill, 6:30pm
6/15 Thursday Matinee: Hidden Figures (PG), 1:00pm
6/19 Movie Monday: Sing, (PG), 6:00pm
6/20 SRP (all ages): Bats in the Library, 2:00pm
1) Lighting replacement project in progress.
2) Spring book sale netted $979.50.
3) Landscaping project replacing the dry well in the Serenity Garden and leveling the pavers both in the Serenity Garden and in front of the Butterfly Garden has been completed.
4) WiFi project completed.
1) Motion to roll expiring PNC CD into PNC checking account, to be held there for about one month while Weber investigates CD options was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Summer Reading Program kick-off party, June 2. Volunteers arrive at 6:30pm.
A motion to adjourn was made by Eibler. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:51 pm.
Next meeting will be June 20, 2017 @ 7:00pm.