Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
February 18, 2020 @ 7:00pm
NOTE: Although the library was closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting
was held at its regular time and place and was open to the public.
Meeting called to order by Farrell 7:04pm in Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, J. Katakowski.
Member absent: P. Eibler.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
1) Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Evergreen. Seconded by
Colone. Motion carried.
2) Motion to approve the minutes from February 18, 2020 as presented made by
Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
1) None present.
1) Motion by Hocking to approve the February 2020 Financial Report. Seconded by
Colone. Motion carried.
2) Motion by Evergreen to approve Library Voucher # 600 in the amount of $54,448.60.
Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
1) Monthly statistics: 169 average daily visits; 50 new patrons; 6,447 item check-outs;
599 Axis360 check-outs; 294 Zinio check-outs; 318 Hoopla check-outs; and 230
2) Marketing update: Instagram at 164; Twitter at 405; Facebook at 1,047; 2,877
website uses; 1,778 wifi uses.
3) Other News: Community Connect was Feb. 1 at Howell’s Parker Middle School and
attended by 574 people. AA Symphony update – 42 people attended and seemed
to really enjoy. Family Literacy Celebration on March 14 was canceled. Country
Elementary’s community read program partnership was going strong but has hit a
major hiccup with the virus.
4) Upcoming programs:
Apr. 11 Living Military Genealogy, free, 1:00pm
Apr. 13-25 Voting on Peeps Dioramas
Apr. 13 Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs), free, 6:30pm
Apr. 14 Get to Know Your Township: Fire Chief Nick Miller, free, 6:30pm
Apr. 16 Thursday Matinee: Downton Abbey, free, 1:00pm
Apr. 18 Saturday Movie: Without Love, free, 1:00pm
Apr. 20 Maker Monday: All-Purpose T-shirt Tote, free, 6:30pm
1) Friends of the Library – The Friends meeting was cancelled. They will be
conducting some work via email over the next month or so. Hentz has asked Tom
Kaminski of Kaminski Tax Services to assist with the filing of non-profit status.
1) Motion made by Evergreen to roll over entire amount of $103,871.34 including
interest earned of the Chemical Bank CD into a 90 day CD at same for a rate of
.56%. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) Motion by Katokowski to accept the Pandemic Plan as presented, adding staff
quarantine and illness pay statement. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
3) Motion by Evergreen to have Hentz ask Kyle Haning of Library Design to talk about
their space planning services at the April meeting. Seconded by Colone. Motion
Relevant Board Issues
1) Hentz will research feasibility of solar panels for the library.
2) The approved meeting room policy was handed out.
3) The Summer Reading Program theme is pets: Sit, Stay, Read.
Motion to adjourn made by Katakowski. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried. Meeting
adjourned at 7:42pm.
Next Meeting: April 21, 2020 @ 7:00pm