Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
March 16, 2010
Meeting called to order at 7:08 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Duncan McIntyre.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the February 16, 2010 minutes as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
1) Daniel Fortson, 8922 Century Dr., Brighton, MI. stated he was upset about the library’s court costs. He also wanted to meet with library officials to discuss the patron behavior policy.
1) A motion to approve the Financial Report for February 28. 2010 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 480 in the amount of $44,118.84 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported the library has applied for a Broadband Technology Opportunities Program grant which would result in 16 new computers (12 desktop and 4 laptop). If the grant is approved, the library is obligated to pay $4000.
2) Police Officer Medbury is retiring. A retirement party will he held on March 22 at Zukey Lake Tavern at 6:00pm, cost is $12.00.
3) The library has established a “Job Search Help Corner”.
4) Girl Scouts of Michigan; PHL Service Area donated 2 complete sets of leader guides and Journey books.
5) Annual Spring Book Sale is scheduled for 4/10/10. Books accepted until 4/9.
6) Library is designated as a “Be Counted” census information center.
1) The library will enter into a security agreement with Chase Bank on March 23. Township Treasurer/Deputy Treasurer will sign on behalf of the library.
1) Summer Reading Program is scheduled for 6/11/10. Board members volunteered for this program. Volunteers should arrive by 6:30pm.
2) Hentz will attend the Livingston Entrepreneurs Group – LEG UP economic development program in Howell on 3/31/10.
3) Resolution entered by Eibler and supported by Hocking to collect the entire voted millage amount of .4418 mills and forward resolution to Township Supervisor. Resolution attached.
4) A motion to eliminate the account code numbers on the Designated Funds and restore the Building Facilities Development/Major Repairs to the amount of $454,000.00 was made by Stella. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:04pm.
Next meeting will be April 20, 2010 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski