Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
June 18, 2019 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell at 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking.
Member absent: P. Eibler, J. Katakowski.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from May 21, 2019 as presented made by Colone. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for May 2019 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 591 in the amount of $65,603.72 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 170 average daily visits; 53 new patrons; 6,754 item check-outs; 691 Axis360 check-outs; 174 Zinio check-outs; 301 Hoopla check-outs; and 228 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 142; Twitter at 384; Facebook at 861; 2,239 website uses; 1,918 wifi uses.
- Other News: Farley Elementary’s field trip on 6/3/19. Four second grade classes, 122 kids. United Way’s Women United (focusing on early literacy) 6/6/19. C. Bossio represented the library; talking to at least 40 people.
- Upcoming programs:
- June 19 Gordon Russ Magic, all ages, 2:00pm
- June 19 Family Game Night, all ages, 6:00pm
- June 20 PreSchool Movie: Toy Story, toddlers, 10:00am
- June 20 Thursday Matinee: Green Book, adults, 1:00pm
- June 24 Monday Movie: Sherlock Gnomes, all ages, 6:00pm
- June 25 I Spy Craft, toddlers, 6:30pm
- June 26 Family Game Night, all ages, 6:00pm
- June 26 Guy Louis Music, all ages, 6:30pm
- June 27 I Spy Craft, toddlers, 10:00am
- July 1 Monday Movie: Small Foot, all ages, 6:00pm
- July 3 Book Club: The Monk of Mohka, adults, 1:00pm
- July 3 Family Game Night, all ages, 6:00pm
- July 8 Monday Movie: Early Man, all ages, 6:00pm
- July 9 Field Day, ages 7 +, 2:00pm
- July 9 I Play Craft, toddlers, 6:30pm
- July 10 Family Game Night (ft. Trekking National Parks), all ages, 6pm
- July 11 I Play Craft, toddlers, 6:30pm
- July 15 Monday Movie: Spider-Man (Spider-Verse), all ages, 6:00pm
- Computer Upgrades: All of the parts have arrived and have been installed. Project complete.
- SRP Update – As of 6/17/19, 214 children have registered + over 60 adults. The kids craft Fair (9 crafters) was a success as well.
- Front Garden Project – The two flagpole beds and the one raised bed need new soil. Plants are old and salt damaged. Hentz and Weber are seeking bids to replace the soil and possibly plants. Motion by Evergreen to let Hentz and Weber continue to explore garden companies to do the garden repair work and to choose the best company and move forward with the project. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- E911 Regulation – State of Michigan has mandated that buildings larger than 7,000 sq ft that have multiple telephone lines must be E911 compliant by December 2019. Hentz & Weber are meeting with Telephone Support Systems on Thursday to get details about the current phones & system. They will also contact the company with whom the township is working.
- Hentz reported that the ceiling above the children’s nonfiction needed repairs from the work in the fall. Library Design, who did the work in the fall, made the repairs at no additional cost to the library.
Relevant Board Issues
- Hentz distributed the updated Administrative policy; she will correct the front page to reflect the date of the approved updates.
Motion to adjourn made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:44pm.
Next Meeting: July 16, 2019 @ 7:00pm