Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. PO Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48189
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
January 18, 2022 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order
This regular meeting of the Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees was called to order by Michaelene Farrell at 7:00 pm. in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Present: Michaelen Farrell, Richelle Hocking, Jodie Colone, Bridgette Rosek, Mary Evergreen, Crystal Walter.
Also Present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
1) Motion to approve Agenda as presented made by R.Hocking; seconded by J.Colone; Motion carried.
2) Motion to approve the minutes from December 14, 2021 as presented made by B.Rosek; seconded by R.Hocking; Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- Motion to approve the December 2021 Financial Report as presented made by R.Hocking; seconded by B.Rosek; Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher #622 in the amount of $76,161.00 made by M.Evergreen; seconded by B.Rosek; Motion carried.
- In-house Statistics: 2,463 patrons served; 21 new patrons; 4,557 in-house item check-outs, 79 computer uses,
- Online Statistics: Axis360 check-outs: 776; PressReader check-outs: 229; Ancestry uses: 566; Tutor.com uses: 0; Infobase uses: 0; Career Guidance uses: 0; Niche Academy uses: 5
- Other News: Library staff suspended in-person storytime for 2 weeks. Hentz discussed the possible end of analog phone lines and what that means to the library.
4) Upcoming Programs
- 1/19 Tween Craft: Hemp Wrapped Mason Jar, 6:00pm
- 1/19 In Good Spirits: The History and Lore of Kentucky Bourbon (V), 6:30pm - RESCHED to 2/23
- 1/22 Write Club (V), 1:00pm
- 1/24 Keep ‘Em Fighting: Chris-Craft’s Contribution to WWII (V), 6:30pm
- 1/26 Bathtub Gin & Rum Running: Prohibition in Detroit & Michigan (V), 6:30pm
- 2/2 Jackie’s Book Club: Love Lettering by Kate Clayborn, in-person & v, 1:00pm
- 2/3 War of 1812: A Native Perspective (V), 6:30pm
- 2/7 Adult Craft Pick-Up: Beaded Sun Catcher ($5)
- 2/7 Making Waves: Michigan’s Boat Building Industry 1865-2000 (V), 6:30pm
- 2/8 Author Jerry Dennis (V), 6:30pm
- 2/8 Valentine Craft, ages 5 and under, 6:30pm
- 2/12 Write Club (V), 1:00pm
- 2/14 Great Decisions (V), 1:30pm
- 2/15 Spice Club (V), 1:00pm
- 2/16 Family Game Night, 6:00pm
1) Millage Discussion: Resolution to accept Ballot Language as presented made by M.Evergreen; seconded by R.Hocking; Motion carried. Hentz will forward the signed resolution to the township board for approval.
Debbie Kooperman Reporting status per 1-7-22 Meeting:
- Initial Board Members are in place: President - Judy Webber; Vice President - Joan Piatt; Treasurer - Joan Sanders; Secretary - Debbie Kooperman; Director of Fundraising - Janina Murdock; Director of Membership - Renee Lichau; Member at Large - Marilyn Pettigrove (assisting Dir of Fundraising); Member at Large - Linda Gacioch (assisting Dir of Membership)
- 501(c)(3) status - request acknowledged by IRS, addtl 60 days requested to complete processing which delays overall activities (website, membership, etc.) that require non-profit status to proceed
- Book room renamed “The Friends Gift Shop” - content revamp tbd
- Fundraising: Fall 2021 Book Sale proceeds were $1,752.40 - great teamwork between Library and Friends volunteers! Stay at Home and Read is February, coordinating event w/Library Staff (Lynn Riehl). Spring book sale is set for 4/1-4/9. Fall book sale is set for 10/24-10/29.
5) FOTL contributed $200 towards book purchase for participating Kensington Woods Students.
Relevant Board Issues
Motion to adjourn the meeting made by M.Evergreen; seconded by B.Rosek; Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 07:57 pm.
Next Meeting: February 15, 2022 @ 7:00pm.