Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. PO Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48189
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
February 15, 2022 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order
This regular meeting of the Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees was called to order by Michaelene Farrell at 7:00 pm. in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Present: Michaelene Farrell, Jodie Colone, Bridgette Rosek, Mary Evergreen, Crystal Walter
Absent: Richelle Hocking
Also Present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber
1) Motion to approve Agenda as presented made by M. Evergreen; seconded by J. Colone; Motion carried.
2) Motion to approve the minutes from January 18, 2022 as presented made by B. Rosek; seconded by C. Walter; Motion carried.
Call to the Public:
1) Motion to approve the January, 2022 Financial Report as presented made by C. Walter; seconded by B. Rosek; Motion carried.
2) Motion to approve Library Voucher #623 in the amount of $55,231.75 made by M. Evergreen; seconded by C. Walter; Motion carried.
1) In-house Statistics: 2,611 patrons served; 41 new patrons; 5,205 in-house item check-outs, 92 computer uses.
2) Online Statistics: Axis360 check-outs: 899; PressReader check-outs: 116; Ancestry uses: 0; Fold3 uses: 23; Heritage Quest uses: 69; Infobase uses: 0; Career Guidance uses: 0; Niche Academy uses: 5.
3) Other News: Donation to Library of Things: Keyboard and Sewing Machine.
4) Upcoming Programs:
2/16 Family Game Night, 6:00pm
2/16 Of Icebergs & Inquires: Michiganders on the Titanic, 6:30pm
2/17 In conversation with John Smolens, 6:30pm
2/23 Tween Craft: Book Page Flowers, 6:00pm
2/24 In conversation with Tracy Gardner, 6:30pm
2/26 In conversation with Frank Morelli, 1:00pm
2/28 Adult Craft Pickup: St. Patrick’s Spring Wreath
March Food for Thought Food Drive
3/2 Jackie’s Book Club: American Heiress by Jeffrey Toobin, 1:00pm
3/9 The Saginaw Trail From Native American Path to Woodward Avenue, 6:30pm
3/15 Let’s Go Birding w/ Greg Bodker, 6:30pm
3/16 Family Game Night, 6:00pm
1) Millage Discussion: Meeting with township supervisor. Resolution to approve revised ballot language changing mills from 0.9500 to 0.9000 made by J. Colone; seconded by C. Walter; Motion carried. See attached resolution.
1) Debbie Kooperman Reporting status per 2-4-22 Meeting
Relevant Board Issues:
Motion to adjourn the meeting made by B. Rosek; seconded by M. Evergreen; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:13 pm.
Next Meeting: March 15, 2022 @ 7:00pm.