Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
August 17, 2021 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell at 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, B. Rosek, C. Walter.
Members absent: None.
Also present: H. Hentz, C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Hocking; seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from July 20, 2021 as presented made by Rosek; seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – None present.
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for June 2021 made by Hocking; seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for July 2021 made by Rosek; seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 617 in the amount of $54,316.92 made by Evergreen; seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 2,828 patrons served; 61 new patrons; 6,209 item check-outs; 66 computer uses.
- Online Statistics: 816 Axis360 check-outs, 155 PressReader check-outs; 153 Ancestry uses; 0 Tutor uses; 0 Infobase uses; 0 Career Guidance uses; 41 Niche Academy uses.
- Other news: SRP ended Thursday, July 29 with 96 finishing. Family of M. Rorabacher listed the library for memorial donations. Front gardens have been weeded and mulched by the United Way Day of Caring volunteers. Audit has been completed and the audit report will be presented at the September 21 meeting.
- Upcoming programs:
- 9/1 Jackie’s Book Club: Nothing To Envy (hybrid), 1:00pm
- 9/9 GMR: Author Ted McClelland (V), 6:30pm
- 9/13 Storytimes start this week
- 9/13 Adult Craft Kit: Wine Cork Pumpkins
- 9/13 Great Decisions, 1:30pm
- 9/13 Behind the Velvet Rope (V), 6:30pm
- 9/15 Our Island Jewel: Belle Isle Park (V), 6:30pm
- 9/16 GMR: The Labor History of Michigan’s UP (V), 6:30pm
- 9/18 Movie: Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, 1:00pm
- 9/20 Mirepoix Cooking School: Italian Rustico (V), 4:00pm, $20
- 9/20 Author Visit: Lisa See (V), 6:30pm
- Update: Library Reopening – Although the county was moved to ‘high’ covid rating, it was decided to keep library operations the same as staff feels patrons are being kept safe.
- Millage Discussion – Board will have millage amount and length of time set by December.
- Work from Home Policy – Hentz presented a draft policy for review.
1) Discussion: Showing library support – Board requested several designs that show library support that are appropriate for t-shirts and/or buttons.
2) Parking Lot – Motion to approve the quote from Alan’s Asphalt for parking lot seal coating, crack filling, and stripe painting in an amount not to exceed $3290.00 made by Evergreen; supported by Rosek. Motion carried. Weber will process the deposit payment to be mailed.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Recording Secretary Replacement – Walter volunteered to post the position on her facebook page. Weber suggested Debbie Kooperman and will contact her.
2) Annual Trustees & Directors meeting Wednesday, Nov. 3 at 6:30 at Pinckney Library. Clair Membiela from Library of Michigan to discuss the Open Meetings Act & Library Privacy Act changes.
Motion to adjourn made by Evergreen; seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:05pm.
Next Meeting: September 21, 2021 @ 7:00pm