Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
April 19, 2005
Meeting called to order at 7:08 p.m. in the library study room.
Members present: Campbell, Cavallaro, Eibler, Gleason, Kelley and Phelps.
Also present: Hentz and Weber.
A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Eibler. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
A motion to accept the minutes as presented for March 15, 2005 was made by Kelley. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
A motion to accept the financial statement as presented for the period ending, March 31, 2005 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
A motion to accept the quarterly financial statement as presented was made by Cavallaro. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
A motion to pay voucher #421 as presented in the amount of $39,062.82 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported all issues addressed in the Fire Marshalís report. Extensions will be granted one month at a time.
2) Hentz distributed the National Library Week program update.
3) Hentz and Weber had a promotion table at Krogerís identifying library programs and National Library Week events.
1) Board discussed of the 2005/2006 Budget.
2) The board passed the Annual Millage Resolution. See attached.
1) A motion to contract with Alanís Asphalt to reseal the parking lot and paint fire lane stripes for $1,640 was made by Gleason. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
2) A motion to purchase 15 flats of wave petunias from Whitmore Lake Florist was made by Kelley. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
3) A motion to approve the 2 year CD interest rate increase to an annual rate of 2.5% was made by Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
4) The TLN spring trustee workshop will be held at the library on May 21, 2005. All board members are encouraged to attend. RSVPs should be made to Hentz by May 11.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) M. Grinnell thanked Kelley and Cavallaro for supporting the library by attending National Library Week programs.
2) Hentz will be awarded Michigan Librarian of the Year for Small and Rural Libraries during the May conference in Harbor Springs.
Call to the Public:
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Gleason. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:25 pm
Next meeting will be May 17, 2005 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski