Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. PO Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48189
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
September 20, 2022 @ 7:00pm
Present: Michaelene Farrell, Jodie Colone, Richelle Hocking, Bridgette Rosek
Absent: Mary Evergreen, Crystal Walter
Also Present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber, Rana Emmons
Call to Order and Pledge to the Flag:
This regular meeting of the Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees was called to order by Michaelene Farrell at 7:00 pm. in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Call to the Public:
1) In-house Statistics: 3,872 patrons served; 63 new patrons; 6,935 in-house item check-outs; 153 computer uses.
2) Online Statistics: Axis360 check-outs: 867; PressReader check-outs: 85; Ancestry uses: 75; Fold3 uses: 41; Heritage Quest uses: 33; Infobase uses: 0; Career Guidance uses: 0; Niche Academy uses: 15.
3) Other News: Cricut available for staff use - looking into offering future training course to allow for public use. 10/14 Halloween Party 6:00-7:30pm - Registration expanded to allow 60 children ages 3-17 to participate in an evening of crafts and treats (Pumpkin, Spider Web & Cookie decorating, Caramel Apples, Costume Contest, etc.).
4) Upcoming Programs
1) Annual Policy Manual Review - tabled for discussion in November when all Board members will be present and have attended the Annual Trustee & Director workshop covering this topic.
1) Motion amend the 2022/2023 annual budget to increase from $94,1341.57 to $94,2285.52 made by Rosek, seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) Building repair update: Children's window - Township mower crew had chute pointed towards the building and shot a rock through a double paned window. Township will be covering the $1300.00 cost to replace the glass. Projection screen stuck in down position, repair scheduled for week of 9/26/22, no approval needed.
Friends Report - Debbie Kooperman
1) October Members Open House - 10/6/22 @ 6:00-7:30pm
2) NEW Friends Logo pending approval
3) Upcoming Events
4) Membership Update - 76+ Individual Members and 2 Business Members (Borek Jennings and Wild Indoors).
Relevant Board Issues
1) Annual Fall Trustee & Director Workshop is set for 11/9/22 at Pinckney Library. Topic is First Amendment and book challenges. RSVP to Hentz as soon as possible.