Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. PO Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48189
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
October 17, 2023 @ 7:00pm
Present: Matthew Assenmacher, Jodie Colone, Mary Evergreen, Richelle Hocking, Crystal Walter
Absent: Bridget Rosek
Also Present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber
This regular meeting of the Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees was called to order by Richelle Hocking at 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
- Motion to approve Agenda as presented made by Colone; Seconded by Evergreen; Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from September 19, 2023 as presented made by Colone; Seconded by Evergreen; Motion carried.
Call to the Public: No public addressed the board.
- Motion to approve September 2023 Financial Report as presented made by Colone; Seconded by Evergreen; Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher #643 in the amount of $90,893.59 made by Evergreen; Seconded by Colone; Motion carried.
- In-house Statistics: 3,457 Patrons Served; 49 New Patrons; 5,680 Item Check-outs, 181 computer uses.
- Online Statistics: 2,192 Libby;20 PressReader; 178 Zinio; 22 Fold3; 9 Heritage Quest; 50 TumbleBooks; 4 Niche Academy.
- Other News: We are now an affiliate library with FamilySearch genealogy database. Annual Report with the state library has been completed. Eagle Scout project is almost complete - all 7 Little Libraries have been built and installs will be done as soon as Miss Dig marks the sites. Holly and Jackie were guest hosts at the Senior Centers Oktoberfest BBQ!
- Upcoming Programs:
- 10/21 Drop-in Embroidery, 1:00pm
- 10/23 Dark Corners of Michigan History, 6:30pm (v)
- 10/25 Tween Craft: Sock Animal Mania, 6:00pm
- 10/26 Favorite Local Authors, New Books, Lively Discussions, 6:30pm
- 10/28 Friends Book Sale Begins
- November Holiday Gifts for Shelter Animals. Kits available at the front desk
- 11/1 Jackie’s Book Club: The Reading List by Sara Nisha Adams, 1:00pm
- 11/2 E.E. Myers: America’s Greatest Capitol Architect, 6:30pm (v)
- 11/4 Write Club, 1:00pm
- 11/6 Adult Craft Kit: Fall Book Page Wreath
- 11/7 Drop-in Genealogy Help, 1:00pm
- 11/9 Michigan Hurricane of 1913, 6:30pm (v)
- 11/13 Great Decisions, 1:00pm
- 11/14 Lego Club, 3:00pm
- 11/15 Read to Oscar the Dog, 4:30pm
- 11/20 Toys for Tots begins
- 11/21 Spice Club, 1:00pm
- Update on sidewalk and planters - sidewalk is done; furniture and planters are expected to be delivered and installed in November.
- Update on meeting room AV equipment - switch in closet to be replaced later this month.
- Motion to close out PNC CD 11/9/23 and place all principal and interest earned into PNC Checking Account made by Evergreen; seconded by Colone; Motion carried.
- Motion to create new checking account at FlagStar for Merchant Credit and withdrawals made by Evergreen; seconded by Walter; Motion carried.
- Motion to close and withdraw all funds from all PNC accounts and deposit funds into FlagStar checking account made by Evergreen; seconded by Walter; Motion carried.
- Friends Board officially has 2 new members - Mary Ellen Mulcrone, President and Pat Dare, Member at Large #1 and FaceBook Administrator.
- Fall Book Sale is coming soon - Donations 10/25-28, FOHTL Members Only Sale 10/28, Book Sale 10/30-11/4 with cleanup the following week. Note that a large estate donation of 600+ CD’s has been accepted and we will be displaying Book Craft ideas.
- Formal Garden Benches have been delivered and installed, one will have a plaque indicating it was donated by FOHTL.
- We responded to the FOML Harriett Larson Founder’s Grant to support an extension of the Lucky Day Collection - pending response.
- Rummage Sale is 11/18/23 9am-4pm - donations accepted 11/16-17 during Library Hour.
- Gift Shop Income $312 through Aug-Sep - check out the Halloween Decorations made by Bree & Carol!
Relevant Board Issues:
- Livingston County Library Trustees & Directors Dinner/Meeting is Wednesday, Nov. 1 @ 6:00pm at the Howell Library. All members will be present.
Motion to adjourn the meeting made by Crystal Walter; seconded by Mary Evergreen; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:55 p.m.
Next Meeting: November 21 2023 @ 7:00pm