Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. PO Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48189
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
October 18, 2022 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order and Pledge to the Flag:
This regular meeting of the Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees was called to order by Michaelene Farrell at 7:00 pm. in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Present: Michaelene Farrell, Jodie Colone, Richelle Hocking, Bridgette Rosek, Crystal Walter.
Absent: Mary Evergreen.
Also Present: Christine Weber.
- Motion to approve Agenda as presented made by Colone; seconded by Hocking; Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from September 20, 2022 as presented made by Walter; seconded by Rosek; Motion carried.
Call to the Public: Kim Roberts, staff member.
- Motion to approve September 2022 Financial Report made by Rosek; seconded by Hocking; Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher #631 in the amount of $65,736.63 made by Hocking; seconded by Rosek; Motion carried.
- In-house Statistics: 3,172 patrons served; 41 new patrons; 5,746 in-house item check-outs; 100 computer uses.
- Online Statistics: Axis360 check-outs: 923; PressReader check-outs: 87; Ancestry uses: 5; Fold3 uses: 0; Heritage Quest uses: 58; Infobase uses: 0; Career Guidance uses: 0; Niche Academy uses: 7.
- Other News: Kim Roberts reported that 83 people attended this year's Halloween Celebration and all enjoyed the new/different format.
- Upcoming Programs
- 10/17 Adult Craft Pickup: Fall Fabric Bowl
- 10/18 Spice Club, Rosemary (v), 1:00pm
- 10/22 Friends Book Sale, members only
- 10/24 Friends Book Sale, general public
- 10/27 Haunted Michigan (v), 6:30pm
- 11/1 – 12/10 Holiday Gifts for Shelter Animals
- 11/2 Jackie’s Book Club: The Whisper Network by Chandler Baker, 1:00pm
- 11/3 They Called Us Girls (v), 6:30pm
- 11/7 Adult Craft Pickup: Vintage Book Page Rosette Wreath
- 11/9 The Thumb Fires of 1871 & 1881 (v), 6:30pm
- 11/14 Great Decisions (v), 1:30pm
- 11/14 Justice and Faith: The Frank Murphy Story (v), 6:30pm
- 11/15 Spice Club, Sage (v), 1:00pm
- Annual Policy Manual Review - Motion to amend Telecommuting Policy as presented made by Rosek; seconded by Walter; Motion carried. New policy will not take effect until all board members have had a chance to read and discuss it.
- Building Repair Updates - Door glass has been repaired. Window glass in children’s area has been ordered and is scheduled for January replacement.
- HVAC Duct Cleaning quotes reviewed. Motion to approve vendor #2 - Amistee for Duct Cleaning in the amount of $11,120.00 made by Cologne; seconded by Walter; Motion carried. Motion to close Library 11/22-11/23 for duct cleaning, possibly needing to close at 3:00pm on the 21st made by Walter; seconded by Cologne; Motion carried.
- S. Gifford has tendered her resignation; her last day is Nov. 4. Staff is reviewing applications and will conduct interviews until the position has been filled.
- Township is looking to start charging the library for some services since the millage passed. Hentz will report when more information is received.
- Friends Membership Open House on 10/6 was a great success and included Library and Garden tours.
- About 50 attendees
- BOT members reported hearing good feedback on event
- Still lacking Tech/Social Media volunteers - Bridget Rosek has a resource that may be able to assist with Student Volunteers, she will provide Debbie with contact details for follow-up.
- Logo has been approved and was unveiled at Open House and will be added to websites, documents, Gift Shop sign, etc.
- Currently in the midst of Fall Book Sale sorting/set-up with help of new volunteers.
- Friends Membership Presale will be this coming Saturday 10/22, 11:00am-3:00pm and we will be set up to accept new memberships
- Holly was asked to make us aware of any community outreach opportunities and Little Libraries were briefly discussed
- Jodie Colone has a resource for this in Pinckney Schools - Laura Allen, Reading Specialist - she will put Debbie in touch with
- Work continues on Fall Art Fair 2023 application, rules, etc.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Reminder: Nov. 9 Trustees & Directors Annual Fall Meeting at Pinckney Library.
Motion to adjourn the meeting made by Rosek; seconded by Walter; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:58 p.m.
Next Meeting: November 15, 2022 @ 7:00pm