Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. PO Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48189
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
November 15, 2022
Meeting called to order by M. Farrell at 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters meeting room.
Members present: M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, B. Rosek.
Members absent: J. Colone, C. Walter.
Also present: H. Hentz, C. Weber.
1) Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Hocking, seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
2) Motion to approve the minutes from October 18, 2022 as presented made by Rosek, seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the Public: No one addressed the board.
- Motion to approve the October 2022 Financial Report as presented made by Rosek, seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher #632 in the amount of $57,484.47 made by Evergreen, seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- In-house Statistics: Patron served: 4,760; new patrons: 281; Item checkouts: 5,860; Computer use: 109.
- Online Statistics: Axis360: 851; PressReader: 87; Ancestry: 0; Fold 3: 25; Heritage Quest: 13; Infobase & Career Guidance: 0; Niche Academy 1.
- Other News: None to report.
- Upcoming Programs:
- 11/1 – 12/10 Holiday Gifts for Shelter Animals
- 11/16 Forensic Artist Lt. Sarah Krebs (v), 6:30pm
- 11/21-12/10 Toys for Tots toy drive
- 11/28 Adult Craft Pick-Up: Winter Luminaries
- 12/1-12/31 Mitten Tree
- 12/7 Jackie’s Book Club: The Feather Thief by Kirk Wallace Johnson
- 12/7 Santa Claus is coming, 6:30pm
- 12/10 Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra Holiday Brass, 1:00pm
- 12/12 Great Decisions (v), 1:30pm
- 12/13 Spice Club, Thyme (v), 1:00pm
- 12/13 Senior Pipers Christmas Concert, 6:30pm
- 12/19 Adult Craft Pick-Up: Winter Twisted Paper Ribbon Wreath
- Annual Policy Manual Review:
- Motion to direct Hentz to develop a ‘request for reconsideration’ form and to start investigating a challenged materials policy made by Evergreen, seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
- More discussion on the Telecommuting Policy. Evergreen expressed her disapproval of the policy change that was voted on and approved at the October meeting. Farrell emphasized the January 1st start date of the amended policy.
- New employee Meghann Shopp started work last week.
- Township Service Fees & Shared Maintenance Agreement. Farrell and Hentz informed the Board of new fees being charged by the Township that include grounds maintenance, work completed by the treasurer’s office, and building insurance. Board was informed of the need to make a budget amendment at a future meeting to accommodate the unplanned expenses.
1) Annual Fire System Inspection. Motion to schedule the annual fire suppression system inspection with Johnson Controls at a fee not to exceed $1510.00 made by Evergreen, seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
- Debbie Kooperman was absent; will report next month.
Relevant Board Issues
- The December 20 meeting stands as a quorum will be present to conduct business.
Motion to adjourn the meeting made by Evergreen, seconded by Rosek. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:53pm. Next meeting is December 20, 2022 at 7:00pm.