Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. PO Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48189
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
June 20, 2023 @ 7:00pm
Present: Jodie Colone, Mary Evergreen, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, Crystal Walter
Absent: Bridget Rosek
Also Present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber
Call to Order and Pledge to the Flag:
This regular meeting of the Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees was called to order by Farrell at 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Call to the Public: Kim Roberts.
1) Motion to approve May 2023 Financial Report made by Hocking; seconded by Colone; Motion carried.
2) Motion to approve Library Voucher #639 in the amount of $78,536.44 made by Evergreen; seconded by Hocking; Motion carried.
1) In-house Statistics: 3,257 Patrons Served; 43 new patrons; 5,531 Item Check-outs, 124 computer uses.
2) Online Statistics: 1,588 Libby; 68 PressReader; 41 Zinio; 0 Fold3; 0 Heritage Quest; 0 Niche Academy.
3) Other News: SRP Update: 432 (adults + children) attended the kickoff party. 246 children registered.
4) Upcoming Programs
1) Updates: New library sign is in process. Renovation plans are in process. Furniture and finishes will be selected in July. Gutter replacement has been completed. Security camera upgrades are in process, and should be completed this week
2) Summer Reading Program update - Weather permitting concerts will be outside in park pavillion, rain site is Hamburg Senior Center
1) Motion to create new Deputy Director position and appoint Kim Roberts in the position, with understanding that she is in training throughout FY 2023-2024 made by Walter; seconded by Hocking; Motion carried.
2) With M. Farrell’s resignation at the end of July, there will be a Board vacancy beginning August. Nomination Committee will consist of Jodie Colone and Crystal Walter. Library staff and board members are encouraged to develop a list of potential candidates. The position will also be advertised on the library’s social media. Once several viable candidates are identified, Colone and Walter will conduct interviews and make a recommendation to the Board. The new member will fill Farrell’s position until the end of her term, November 2024. As Vice President, R. Hocking will serve as interim President until the December 2024 meeting.
1) Continuing to update/finalize By-Laws, Standing Rules, and 2023-2024 Budget.
2) Garden work has been delayed by duck nests (Serenity Garden & Main Entrance) and pending construction (sign) by mailbox. Herb and butterfly gardens are completed and thriving.
3) Individual Membership is at 118 with 1st renewal in process. Business Membership is at two and one has already renewed.
4) Friends of Hamburg Township Library has been added to the Kroger Community Rewards Program!
Relevant Board Issues
1) Hocking will be absent at July meeting.
Motion to adjourn the meeting made by Walter; seconded by Evergreen; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:57 p.m. Next Meeting: July 18, 2023 @ 7:00pm