Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. PO Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48189
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
June 21, 2022 @ 7:00pm
Present: Michaelene Farrell, Mary Evergreen, Bridget Rosek, Crystal Walter
Absent: Jodie Colone, Richelle Hocking
Also Present: Christine Weber
Call to Order and Pledge to the Flag:
This regular meeting of the Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees was called to order by Michaelene Farrell at 7:00 pm. in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
1) Motion to approve Agenda as presented made by Mary Evergreen; seconded by Bridget Rosek; Motion carried.
2) Motion to approve the minutes fromMay 17, 2022 as presented made by Bridget Rosek; seconded by Mary Evergreen; Motion carried.
Call to the Public:
1) Motion to approve May 2022 Financial Report made by B. Rosek; seconded by C. Walter; Motion carried.
2) Motion to approve Library Voucher #627 in the amount of $68,107.14 made by M.Evergreen; seconded by Bridget Rosek; Motion carried.
1) In-house Statistics: 2,860 patrons served; 39 new patrons; 4,900 in-house item check-outs, 93 computer uses,
2) Online Statistics: Axis360 check-outs: 825; PressReader check-outs: 133; Ancestry uses: 49; Fold3 uses: 10; Heritage Quest uses: 10; Infobase uses: 0; Career Guidance uses: 0; Niche Academy uses: 16.
3) Other News: Summer Reading Program for both youth and adults is now in full swing. 198 children signed up on Friday, with about 300 people attending the party.
4) Upcoming Programs
1) Library Millage Update - Speaking opportunities included presenting to four home associations and the parents at Pinckney Schools’ summer reading camp (about 75 people at two camps). M. Evergreen has talked with one association. The Friends are placing poster size election signs at local businesses and are also finding residential locations to place the large sandwich board signs that have been used for the art fair. Three Community Forums to address Millage Q&A at Library Advertised. First - Michaelene & Holly were present but no one showed up. 7/12/23 - Bridget Rosek will be available to attend with Holly and on 7/25/23 - Mary Evergreen will be available to attend with Holly.
2) SRP Update (including adult summer reading) - About 300 have signed up for the reading program and events have been well attended. Adult summer program is a Michigan food theme. Because of HOPE grant, Lynn was able to put together 4 different food kits to be handed out to patrons in conjunction with the programs (Sanders Hot Fudge sauce kit was handed out during Michigan Eats, Jiffy pie crust kit is handed out during Darci Hannah’s blueberry mystery book talk, etc.). We also have Al Dente Pasta kit and McClure’s bloody Mary mix kit.
1) New Library of Things added: 2 pickleball sets, yard games and an electric keyboard.
2) Hiring New Library Page to replace Elsa prior to her departure for college at the end of the summer.
1) Debbie Kooperman Reporting status per 5-6-22 Meeting
Relevant Board Issues:
1) M. Farrell addressed annual Policy review in July - pls review all and be prepared to discuss.
Motion to adjourn the meeting made by Mary Evergreen; seconded by Bridget Rosek; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:50 p.m. Next Meeting: July 19, 2022 @ 7:00pm