Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. PO Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48189
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
August 16, 2022 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order and Pledge to the Flag:
This regular meeting of the Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees was called to order by Michaelene Farrell at 7:00 pm. in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Present: Michaelene Farrell, Jodie Colone, Mary Evergreen, Bridgette Rosek, Crystal Walter
Absent: Richelle Hocking
Also Present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber
- Motion to approve Agenda as presented made by Colone; seconded by Rosek; Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from July 19, 2022 as presented made by Rosek; seconded by Walter; Motion carried.
Call to the Public: None present.
1) Motion to approve June 2022 Financial Report as presented made Colone; seconded by Walter; Motion carried.
2) Motion to table the July 2022 Financial Report until September meeting made by Colone; seconded by Evergreen; Motion carried.
3) Motion to approve Library Voucher #629 in the amount of $62,320.57 made by Evergreen; seconded by Rosek; Motion carried.
- In-house Statistics: 3,726 patrons served; 59 new patrons; 7,223 item check-outs, 122 computer uses.
- Online Statistics: Axis360 check-outs: 888; PressReader check-outs: 85; Ancestry uses: 0; Fold3 uses: 40; Heritage Quest uses: 222; Infobase uses: 0; Career Guidance uses: 0; Niche Academy uses: 11.
- Other News: Service dog bite discussion. Men’s bathroom plumbing issue again on Election Day due to paper towels which have now been permanently removed.
- Upcoming Programs
- 9/7 Book Club: “Goodbye, Vitamin” by Rachel Kohng @ 1:00pm (hybrid)
- 9/12 LapSit Storytime @ 10:00am
- 9/12 Great Decisions @ 1:30pm (v)
- 9/12 Story Hour @ 1:30pm
- 9/15 Lil’ Wigglers Baby Time @ 10:00am
- 9/15 Story Hour @ 10:00am
- 9/15 The Streets of Detroit @ 6:30pm
- 9/20 Spice Club, Basil @1:00pm (v)
- Library Millage Update: Millage was approved 60% Yes / 40% No. Staff is now planning to replace Axis360 with Over Drive with Advantage Plan. This service also includes emagazines which currently requires a separate subscription - expecting this to be effective 1/1/23. Hamburg Postmaster accused Library of election fraud related to postcard mailing. Livingston County election officials reviewed postcard in question and had no issues with it. No further action taken.
- New Library Page, Gabby Kumke, has been hired and is currently being trained.
- Annual Policy Manual Review discussions continue.
1) Debbie Kooperman Reporting status per 8-5-22 Meeting
- Friends website & emails are operational and updates to existing pages are completed - pending final linkage to HTL Website when Laura returns
- Approved HTL Funding Requests
- HTL Mailbox Garden Funding requested by Renee Lichau - current plantings have been donated/transplanted from other areas. Request for up to $300 in FY 2022-2023 to augment existing plantings with purchased salt/deer resistant perennials approved.
- HTL Monthly Book Club Supplemental Funding requested by Jackie Rau - current HTL budget of $900 limits title selections to older paperback printings. Request for additional $500 for FY 2022-2023 to expand title options for group of 18+ members approved
- Membership Update
- Individual = 54 and Business = 1 (Borek Jennings)
- Membership Open House/Library Tour scheduled for 10/6/22 6:00-7:30pm - welcome/intro, tour library, solicit volunteers (Library Sale, Gift Shop, Social Media, etc.)
- Gift Shop Content - discussed additional ideas for holiday and year-round “gifting”. Marilyn Pettigrove is taking the lead.
- Friends Logo - WIP
- Fall Book Sale Dates - Donate 10/17-20/22, Setup 10/21-22/22, Members Only early bird purchase 10/22 from 11am-3pm, Sale 10/24-29, Pack/Recycle 10/29-11/222
- 2023 Fall Art Show - discussed additional ideas regarding timing, soliciting artists. Joan Piatt and Joan Sanders are taking the lead.
Relevant Board Issues:
- Mary Evergreen will be traveling and unable to attend the September Board Meeting.
Motion to adjourn the meeting made by Evergreen; seconded by Colone; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:39 p.m.
Next Meeting: September 20, 2022 @ 7:00pm