Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. PO Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48189
Board of Trustees Meeting
September 21, 2021 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell at 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room, with an introduction of new Recording Secretary Debbie Kooperman.
Members Present: M.Farrell, R.Hocking, M.Evergreen, J.Colone, B.Rosek and C.Walter.
Members Absent: None.
Also Present: H.Hentz, C.Weber, L.Strandt and Rana Emmons (Auditor)
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by B.Rosek; seconded by R.Hocking; Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from August 17, 2021 as presented made by J.Colone; seconded by B.Rosek; Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- None present.
- Motion to accept the 2020/2021 Audit Report as presented by Rana Emmons of Post, Smythe, Lutz, Ziel with an unmodified opinion made by R.Hocking; seconded by M.Evergreen; Motion carried.
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for August as presented made by B.Rosek; seconded by R.Hocking; Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Voucher #618 in the amount of $71,267.38 made by M.Evergreen; seconded by R.Hocking; Motion carried.
- In-house Statistics: 2,456 patrons served; 64 new patrons; 5.953 in-house item check-outs, 87 computer uses,
- Online Statistics: Axis360 check-outs: 829; PressReader check-outs: 156; Ancestry uses: 856; Tutor.com uses: 0; Infobase uses: 0; Career Guidance uses: 0; Niche Academy uses: 40.
- Other News: None.
- Upcoming Programs
- 9/21 Spice Club: Oregano, 1:00pm
- 9/23 Shipping Memories in Detroit (V), 6:30pm
- 9/25 Writing Workshop with Deby Henneman (V), 1:00pm
- 9/28 Detroit Public Library: An American Classic (V), 6:30pm
- 10/4 Adult Craft Kit: Halloween Luminaries ($5.00)
- 10/4 Conversation with Photographer Sean Doerr (V), 6:30pm
- 10/6 Jackie’s Book Club: The Guest List by Lisa Foley, 1:00pm
- 10/6 GMR: Movie: Iron & Gold: Upper Michigan’s Legacy (V), 6:30pm
- 10/7 Race, Death, and Justice (V), 6:30pm
- 10/11 Great Decisions, Free, 1:30pm
- 10/11 GMR: Author Mary Doria Russell (V), 6:30pm
- 10/13 The History of the Packard Proving Grounds (V), 6:30pm
- 10/16 Halloween Drive-Thru Part, 7:00pm
- Showing library support - Board members discussed 3 designs and requested revisions to book logo design to accommodate both shirts and buttons. Board members asked to bring a 100% cotton shirt to the next meeting for decal - light color suggested for best end result. Possible for Friends to sell (pre-order) shirts to the public as a fundraiser/advertise at book sale?
- Millage - Board members discussed deadline timing/newsletter printing schedules, millage rates and terms. Hentz recommended moving millage decision to November meeting to align with newsletter printing schedule. Tabled discussion until October meeting.
- Update: Parking lot repairs - The parking lot was resealed, cracks filled, and lot stripes painted over the previous weekend.
- Newly designed website - L.Strandt designed the new website and demonstrated it to the board.
Relevant Board Issues
- Reminder: Annual Trustees & Directors meeting Wednesday, November 3 at 6:30pm at the Pinckney Library.
- M. Farrell would like everyone to view the webinar on First Amendment Audits and be ready to discuss at October meeting.
Motion to adjourn the meeting made by B.Rosek; seconded by C.Walter; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:32pm. Next Meeting: October 19, 2020 @ 7:00pm.