Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
Sept. 17, 2019 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell 7:00pm in Group Study A.
Members present: Colone, Eibler, Evergreen, Farrell, Hocking, Katakowski.
Member absent: None.
Guest: Rana Emmons of PSL&Z.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from August 20, 2019 as presented made by Colone. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- Motion by Eibler to approve the August 2019 Financial Report. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Motion by Evergreen to approve Library Voucher # 594 in the amount of $56,176.07. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Motion by Colone to accept the 2018-2019 audit report as presented by Rana Emmons of Post Smythe Lutz Ziel. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried. The library received an unmodified opinion.
- Monthly statistics: 168 average daily visits; 58 new patrons; 7,497 item check-outs; 397 Axis360 check-outs; 172 Zinio check-outs; 365 Hoopla check-outs; and 270 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 155; Twitter at 405; Facebook at 896; 2,995 website uses; 1,937 wifi uses.
- Other News: None.
- Upcoming programs:
- Sep. 18 Drop-In Tech Help, Free, 4:00pm
- Sep. 20 Friday Movie: Dodsworth (1936), Free, 3:00pm
- Sep. 23 Cheese 101, $15, 6:30pm
- Sep. 24 Tiger Stadium: 1912-2009, Free, 6:30pm
- Sep. 25 Teen Night: Five Feet Apart, Free, 5:30pm
- Sep. 26 WWII Homefront, Free, 6:00pm
- Oct. 2 Library Book Club: Educated, Free, 1:00pm
- Oct. 2 Drop-In Genealogy Help, Free, 1:00pm
- Oct. 2 Drop-In Tech Help, Free, 4:00pm
- Oct. 5 Hamburg Community Fine Art & Craft Fair, 9am to 4pm
- Oct. 8 Tuesday Movie: Libeled Lady (1936), Free, 6:00pm
- Oct. 9 Early Organized Crime in Detroit, Free, 6:30pm
- Oct. 10 Lunch & Learn: Chalk It Up!, Free, Noon
- Oct. 11 Friday Movie: Now Voyager (1942), Free, 3:00pm
- Oct. 12 Saturday Movie: Gunga Din (1939), Free, 1:00pm
- Oct. 14 Maker Monday: Country Bumpkin Halloween Pumpkin, Free, 6:30pm
- Oct. 17 Thursday Matinee: Amazing Grace: the Aretha Franklin Story, Free, 1:00pm
- E911: Telephone Support Systems is scheduled to being installation Sept. 23.
- Friends of the Library: Staff is developing the core group of people to lay the foundation of the new organization.
- Two CDs are maturing:
- Chemical Bank – Motion made by Evergreen to roll over entire amount of $102,924.86 into a 90 CD at 2.03% or better. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Chase Bank – Motion made by Evergreen to place entire amount of $205,006.54 into the Chase Savings Account. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Livingston County Library Trustees & Directors annual meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 24 at 6:30pm at the Hartland Library. Colone, Katakowski, Evergreen, Hocking, Farrell, and Hentz will attend. Eibler is checking her schedule.
Relevant Board Issues
- Art Fair is Oct. 5, 9am to 4pm. Evergreen, Farrell volunteered to help.
- Halloween Party is Oct. 19 at 7pm. Evergreen, Farrell (and spouse), Katakowski, Hocking (and spouse) volunteered to help.
Motion to adjourn made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:48pm.
Next Meeting: October 15, 2019 @ 7:00pm