Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
September 18, 2018 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell at 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, J. Katakowski.
Member absent: P. Eibler.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
Guest: Rana Emmons of Post Smythe Lutz Ziel.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from August 21, 2018 as presented made by Colone. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 5 minutes.
Presentation of the 2017/2018 Audit Report from Rana Emmons.
Emmons noted the library received an unmodified opinion. Motion to accept the 2017/2018 Audit Report made by Katakowski. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried. A copy of the audit will be filed with Hamburg Township.
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for August 2018 made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 582 in the amount of $53,553.42 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 195 average daily visits; 62 new patrons; 7,498 item check-outs; 666 Axis360 check-outs; 105 Zinio check-outs; 332 Hoopla check-outs; and 380 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 117; Twitter at 366; Facebook at 739; 2,504 website uses; 3,101 wifi uses.
- Other news: none.
- Upcoming programs:
- 9/19 Teen Movie: Ready Player One, Free, 5:30pm
- 9/20 Thursday Matinee: Lady Bird, Free, 1:00pm
- 9/24 Making Magic with Michigan Foods, $10, 6:30pm
- 9/26 Drop-In Tech Help, Free, 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- 10/2 More Than 1,2,3: Math & Early Childhood, Free, 6:30pm
- 10/3 Library Book Club: Away with the Fairies by Kerry Greenwood, Free, 1:00pm
- 10/6 Fine Art & Craft Fair, 9am to 4pm
- 10/9 UFOs Over Michigan, Free, 6:30pm
- 10/11 Lunch & Learn: Travel Photography, Free, noon
- 10/15 Self-Defense, Free, 6:30pm
- 10/17 Library Book Club movie showing of Away with the Fairies, Free, 1:00pm
- 10/17 Teen Movie: Love, Simon, Free, 5:30pm
- Renovation Project: Part 2 has begun. Study rooms are now have electrical and are complete. Small wall and computer desk have been removed. Wall has been patched and painted. Light switches have been relocated to staff hallway. Carpeting has been replaced in new front desk area. Project completion is scheduled for the week of Oct. 8. The library will close Oct. 12 for reorganization.
- S. Lobbestael donated $7500 to the library. Motion to name Study Room #1 in her honor made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- New DVDs will be now be shelved in the Popular Materials Library and they will circulate for 1 week.
- Motion to roll over Chemical Bank CD upon maturing on 9/26/2018 in the amount of $100,362.50 into a 150 day CD for an interest rate of at least 1.85% made by Evergreen. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
Motion to withdraw $200,000.00 from Chase Bank CD upon maturing on 9/24/2018 and roll over remaining funds into a 60 day CD with an interest of at least $1.53% made by Evergreen. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
- Motion to accept Library Design Associates quote to repair, patch, and paint cracks in the ceiling around the skylight area in the amount of $3,895.00 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried with one abstention.
Relevant Board Issues
- Hamburg Community Fine Art & Craft Fair is Saturday, Oct. 6 at 9:00am. Volunteers and bakers are appreciated.
- The annual Halloween Party is Saturday, Oct. 20 at 7:00pm. Volunteers include Amir, Michaelene & Mike, and Mary.
- The annual Trustees & Directors meeting has been schedule for Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 7:00pm at the new Fowlerville District Library.
- Board directed Hentz to investigate wording or policy regarding public behavior during board meetings.
Motion to adjourn made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:21pm.
Next Meeting: October 16, 2018 @ 7:00pm