Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
September 20, 2016 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Jodi Colone, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the minutes from August 16, 2016 meeting as presented was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
Present: Mary Evergreen.
1) A motion to approve Financial Report for August 2016 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher #558 in the amount of $71,781.34 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
1) Statistics: August average of 206 visits/day; 80 new patrons, 8,481 item check-outs; 287 e-book circ; 77 zinio circ; 391 computer users.
2) Marketing update: 86 Instagram followers, 258 Twitter followers, 519 Facebook followers. In addition, article in Daily Press & Argus on the library card program (8/24/16), Christie & Carol present at High School orientation to give library cards to all students, advertisement in Daily Press & Argus (in print and online) to get artists for Art Fair, and a “thank you” from HERO regarding the HFFF.
3) Other news: October 8 is the 8th annual Hamburg Community Fine Art & Craft Fair. We are showcasing the varied talents of our community members and neighbors. Over 35 artisans will be featured throughout the building. Lunch is made available by St. Mary’s Catholic School PTO and the library’s bake sale. Harp music is provided by Brenda Richardson. Explore, Shop, Eat Enjoy. Halloween Party is set for Oct. 15 at 7:00pm. If volunteering, please plan to be here by 6:30pm.
4) Upcoming programs:
9/21 Ancestry Library Edition(Genealogy series) Free, 6:30pm
9/24 Civil War Bugle Calls. Free. 1:00pm
9/27 Dexter Cider Mill Apple Tasting. Free. 6:30pm
9/28 Find A Grave & Family Search(Genealogy Series) Free. 6:30pm
9/29 Michigan Olympians. Free, 6:30pm
10/4 Henry Ford: His Life & His Company. Free. 6:30pm, Free
10/5 Library Book Club: My Sister’s Keeper. Free. 1:00pm
10/5 Finding Your Ancestors in Historical Newspapers (Genealogy series). Free.
10/8 Hamburg Community Fine Art & Craft Fair. 9am to 4pm.
10/10 Butter Making. Free. 6:30pm
10/11 A Widow’s Guide to Healing. Free. 6:30pm
10/13 Lunch & Learn: Glass Etching. $10. Noon.
10/15 Halloween Party. Free. 7:00pm
10/19 Discovering Your Ancestor’s Military Records (Genealogy series) Free.6:30.
1) Township ADA audit complete. Deficiencies will be corrected over a 5 to 10 year period in coordination with Deby Henneman and the Township Board.
2) A motion to accept the proposed changes to the Hamburg Township Library Board By-Laws was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
3) Meeting room projection & sound system project is complete except for the wireless connection.
1) Community needs assessment survey: Hentz distributed previous survey questionnaire. Review and possibly expand on current/additional areas.
2) Policy review: several changes are to be made to Public Operating, Sections 1-11. To be reviewed for next month: Public Operating, Sections 12-19.
Relevant Board Issues
1) United for Libraries: Short Takes for Trustee video, tabled.
2) Annual Library Directors & Trustees Dinner and Meeting set for Wednesday, October 19 at 6:30pm at Howell Library. “Libraries of the Future”. Attending: Colone, Farrell, Katakowski, Evergreen, Hocking, Hentz, and Weber.
3) Halloween Party: Saturday, Oct. 15 @ 7:00pm. Volunteers: Farrell & Farrell, Hocking family, Crouch, Evergreen, Katakowski, Hentz.
1) A motion to adjourn was made by Katakowski. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:50 pm.
Next meeting will be October 18, 2016 @ 7:00pm.