Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
September 15, 2015 @ 7:00pm
Members present: Andy Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Jim Katakowski
Member absent: None.
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber and Rana Emmons of PSLZ.
Call to Order:
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Farrell. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the minutes from August 18, 2015 meeting as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
Call to the public
2014/2015 Annual Audit Report and Financial Discussion
Rana Emmons from Post Smythe Lutz & Ziel spoke of the Library’s financial status. The library received an Unmodified Opinion which indicates no disclaimers.
A motion to accept 2014/2015 audit report was made by Hocking. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
1) A motion to accept the Financial Report for August 2015 was made by Byerly. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher #546 in the amount of $52,125.39 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
1) The monthly people counter indicates average of 216 patrons per day.
2) August E-book circulation was 157 and Zinio was 79 issues.
3) Number of new patrons in August was 74 and number of items checked-out was 8,664.
4) Marketing update: Senior Power Day on August 7 at Pinckney High School, newspaper ads and newspaper events listing in The Courant and Daily Press & Argus. Storyhour sign at Merrill Road.
1) A motion to approve the credit card policy and move forward with accepting credit & debit cards as a form of payment through PNC Bank as presented at the August meeting was made by Crouch. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried. Service available in 2 or 3 weeks.
2) Three wireless antennae were installed. Patrons must agree to guidelines before signing on to use service.
1) A motion to purchase 16 library tables for $19659.00 through Library Design Associates was made by Byerly. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried. The chair carts will be discussed at a later date when photos are available.
2) A motion to replace the meeting room projection screen for through telsystems using option 1: Standard format 4:3 for $1239.00 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Reminder that the Livingston County Trustees & Directors meeting set for Wednesday Oct. 21 at Howell Library.
2) Halloween Party set for October 17 at 7pm. Volunteers arrive at 6:30 pm. Michaelene and Mike Farrell; Sally; Richelle, Steve and Matt Hocking are volunteering so far.
1) A motion to adjourn was made by Crouch. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:05pm.