Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
September 16, 2014
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Peg Eibler, Sally Crouch, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking .
Absent: Andrew Byerly and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber, Rana Emmons of Post Smythe Lutz & Ziel.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the August 19, 2014 minutes as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- A motion to accept the 2013/2014 Audit Report with an Unmodified Opinion was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for August 2014 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion passed.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #534 in the amount of $50,013.18 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- The monthly people counter indicates an average of 206 patrons a day.
- Ebook circulation in August was 152.
- New patrons in September (covering first half of month) was 45.
- Library participated in Senior Power Day and outreach to students at Cleary University.
- Local Roads: Hamburg Twp. Road Millage information meeting scheduled in library for October 23 at 7pm. Workshop on Future of County Roads will be at 7:30 pm , September 22nd in board chambers of the Livingston Cty. Administration Bldg.
- The Livingston County Dept. of Public Health conducted a water system inspection and found four items that need to be brought up to current standards. One item has been completed, the others are being scheduled for work. All items will be completed by October.
- Board approved a garden memorial for Betty Wilson with planting two ‘pink diamond’ hydrangea trees and exterior plaque.
Relevant Board Issues
- Board member contact information sheet was passed around for everyone to fill out.
- Annual Directors & Trustees meeting set for October 22 at the Howell Library. Topic: Community Foundation of Southeast Michigan. Please RSVP to Hentz ASAP.
- Halloween Party set for Saturday, October 25 at 7pm. Volunteers: Farrell and husband, Hocking, husband and child.
A motion to adjourn was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:45pm.
Next meeting will be October 21, 2014 at 7:00pm.