Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
September 17, 2013
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Andrew Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell and Jim Katakowski.
Absent: Richelle Hocking.
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber, Rana Emmons.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the August 20, 2013 minutes as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- Rana Emmons of PSLZ (auditing firm), presented the 2012/2013 audit report. The library received an Unqualified Opinion. A motion to accept the 2012/2013 Audit Report was made by Byerly. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried. Three copies of the 2012/2013 Audit Report are to be delivered to Hamburg Township.
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for August 2013 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #522 in the amount of $53,977.07 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
- Hentz spotlighted several library programs of particular interest: Fine Art and Craft Show on October 12, Bus Trip to the Vineyards on October 26, and the Ann Arbor Symphony on November 15.
- Hentz distributed flyers on Park It on Lakelands Trail, Saturday, September 21 at 9:00am.
- Reminders: Trustees & Director Meeting on October 23 at Pinckney Library and Library’s (all are attending) annual Halloween Party on October 25 (Andy & Tamara Byerly are volunteering).
Relevant Board Issues
- Board continued their millage discussion. Weber had a slide presentation of the financial status of the library. Members discussed the millage amount with reference to past financial information and future projections.
A motion to adjourn was made by Crouch. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:02pm.
Next meeting will be October 15, 2013 at 7:00pm.