Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
September 18, 2012
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Rochelle Hocking, and Duncan McIntyre. Absent: Stella Campbell and Sally Crouch.
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
Guest: Rana Emmons from Post, Smythe, Lutz & Ziel
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Eibler. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the August 21, 2012 minutes was made by Hocking. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for June 2012 was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for July 2012 was made by Eibler. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for August 2012 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept the Library Voucher #510 in the amount of $41,955.07 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- The library board received and filed the 2011/2012 unqualified audit report.
- Hentz distributed a report listing 46 libraries that had millage elections since May 2011. Only 4 libraries failed to pass their millage.
- The library had a patron incident and is awaiting the police report.
P. Andring, patron, wrote a letter acknowledging Kim Roberts’s professional courtesy.
- McIntyre recognized that all library employees are pleasant and helpful and should be commended.
- Bid proposals for HVAC and drywall repairs due September 21. Library Board will review bids and make decision week of Oct. 1-5.
- Landscape Design & Associates have completed the garden maintenance.
- Halloween Party set for October 26 at 7pm. Hentz recruited board members to assist.
- There will be no board representatives attending the Livingston County Library Trustees meeting on October 17, 2012.
Relevant Board Issues
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:56pm.
Next meeting will be October 16, 2012 at 7:00pm.