Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
September 20, 2011
Meeting called to order at 7:10pm in the meeting room.
Present: Peg Eibler, Stella Campbell, Michaelene Farrell and Richelle Hocking. Absent: Sally Crouch and Duncan McIntyre.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the August 16, 2011 minutes as written was made by Campbell. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
1) None present
1) A motion to accept the Financial Report for August 2011 as presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carrired.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 498, in the amount of $65,409.55 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
3) The 2010/2011 Audit Report was tabled until the October meeting.
1) There will be no funds from the Township for the Serenity Gardens.
2) The copy machine has been installed and is working properly except for the missing staff bypass code.
1) A motion to accept the change in the Bereavement Leave policy, as presented below, was made by Campbell. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
In case of death of immediate family member (spouse, parents, stepparents, siblings, stepsibilings, children, stepchildren, grandparents, or grandchild) or spouse’s immediate family member, all employees will receive leave with pay not to exceed 3 consecutive days. No pay will be given if a bereavement day falls on a non-scheduled work day. Pay is equal to employee’s regularly scheduled hours. Employees are able to use vacation time in the case of a non-immediate family member’s death. In addition, upon request to the library director, employees may be granted unpaid time off to attend arrangements for non-immediate family members.
2) Eibler, Farrell, Hocking, Weber, and Hentz will attend the Livingston County Library Trustees Annual Meeting on October 19, 2011. Hentz with rsvp to Howell Library.
3) A motion to accept Alan’s Asphalt Maintenance, Inc. proposal to install two cement pads, and assemble and install two benches in an amount not to exceed $975.00 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
1) The Halloween Party is scheduled for 6-8pm on October 28th. Only registered people can participate. The Township’s Halloween party will be concurrent. Campbell and Eibler will volunteer.
2) Weber explained the Positive Pay Option at Chase Bank. Kathleen Davis, VP Municipal Banking, will attend the October meeting to discuss the Positive Pay service.
3) The Board discussed the upcoming Millage 2013.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Guests for October meeting are auditor Rana Emmons and Kathleen Davis of Chase Bank.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:14pm.
Next meeting will be October 18, 2011 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski