Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
September 15, 2009
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Duncan McIntyre.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the August 18, 2009 minutes as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept the Financial Report for August 2009 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
4) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 474 in the amount of $42,531.33 was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported the server and keyboard replacement are complete.
2) C. Carello, stained glass artist, expects the project will be complete in mid-October. Following the installation of the window, a reception will be held honoring the artist.
3) Approximately 300 individuals participated in the rally supporting state library funding. The governor amended the executive order dealing with library funding.
4) Beth Knowles, from Oakland Community College, will teach an 8 week computer course for the public on Microsoft Word and Excel.
1) The Board members received a packet of information regarding on-going problems with the Township Treasurer's office. Weber has been tracking library account activity on the internet as no bank statements have been made available. Weber explained the necessity of conservative spending until the Township Treasurerís office is stabilized.
2) It was decided to forward the Investment Policy to the auditor for review.
3) Patron Appeal 2009-1 was dismissed by the 44th Circuit Court. Patron may return to the library on Oct. 8th only after meeting with Hentz, Eibler and Officer Medbury to clarify any remaining issues regarding his activity in the library.
1) The Beautification Committee will have a fall cleaning session on October 15th or 24th. Flower beds will require volunteers to clean up. Sponsored programs are Wildernest's J. Schuelke to speak on helping birds survive Michigan winters and G. Burg to speak on flower bulbs.
2) Hentz indicated the need for volunteers for the Halloween party on October 30th. Campbell, Hocking, Farrell, Crouch, and Eibler agreed to help.
.Relevant Board Issues:
Call to the Public.
1) None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:59pm.
Next meeting will be October 20, 2009 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski