Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
September 16, 2008
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sandy Cavallaro, Peg Eibler, Barbaradell Kelley and Keith Phelps.
Absent: James Gleason.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1. A motion to approve the agenda as amended was made by Campbell. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
2. A motion to approve the August 19, 2008 minutes as presented was made by Eibler. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
3. A motion to accept the Financial Reports for July and August 2008 as presented was made Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
4. A motion to accept the Library Voucher #462 as presented was made by Phelps. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
1. Hentz reported that 323 children participated in the Summer Reading Program. Books replaced the “goodie bag”.
2. Adult non fiction books (literacy, large print, biography) were relocated within the library.
1. HERO Fun Fest invited Board members to a Thank You dinner at the Lakeland Golf and Country Club on Wednesday, Sept. 24 at 6 pm.
2. Office Express sent the Library a “Birthday Card” on the 7th anniversary of the library’s opening.
1. The Fire Department recommended the combustible materials be moved away from the furnaces in the mechanical room and the coffee extension cord be replaced with a surge protector.
2. The CD rollover rate was 6 months at 3%.
1. A motion to close the library on 2/13/09 for a staff in-service day was made by Kelley. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
1. Campbell suggested recognition of the retiring board members by having a pot luck of munchies at the October board meeting.
Call to the Public:
1. Three write-in candidates for the November election were present: Sally Crouch, Duncan McIntyre and Michaelene Farrell.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:47pm.
Next meeting will be October 21, 2008 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski