Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
September 18, 2007
Meeting called to order at 7:08pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sandy Cavallaro, Peg Eibler, James Gleason, Barbaradell Kelley and Keith Phelps.
Guests: Rana Emmons (auditor) and Anne Seurynck (attorney).
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1. A motion to move 2A of Old Business (Joint meeting wrap-up) on the agenda was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
2. Rana Emmons from Post, Smythe, Lutz and Ziel gave the 2006/2007 Annual Audit Report. The Library received an “Unqualified Opinion” which is the highest opinion possible. A motion to accept audit report and forward three copies of said document to Hamburg Township was made by Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
2A) Seurynck recapped the joint meeting with the Township Board regarding building maintenance agreements. Seurynck will prepare an agreement that will be forwarded to the Township after Library approves it.
3. A motion to accept the minutes as printed from the August 21, 2007 meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded byPhelps. Motion carried.
4. A motion to accept as presented the Financial Report ending August 31, 2007 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
5. A motion to accept as presented Voucher # 450 ($34,481.71) was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
1. Music room improvements are underway.
2. Livingston Fine Arts Association display opened on Wednesday and was well attended.
3. Library Page Christine Cody has been promoted to Library Clerk. There are now 2 Page positions posted.
4. Irrigation system upgrades completed.
5. New outdoor flags have arrived and are waiting to be installed.
6. Internet computer incident reported to police department who handled the disturbance. Library staff and Police Dept. commended.
1. Invitation received for HERO dinner on Thursday, Sept. 20 at Lakelands Golf and Country Club. Hentz, Kelley, and Cavallaro will attend.
1. RFPs for landscape maintenance starting in Spring ‘08 have been sent to 11 businesses.
1. A motion to accept D & R's (Pinckney) proposal for the HVAC maintenance at $1645.00 per year was made by Phelps. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
2. A motion to accept Library Design proposal for compact shelving not to exceed $5400.42 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Keller. Motion carried.
3. The proposed Records Retention Schedule policy was tabled until the October meeting.
4. A motion to table the proposed additional security cameras to October was made by Kelley. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
5. A motion to table discussion regarding the millage election timetable was made by Gleason. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) Campbell requested that all cell phones be “off” during the board meetings.
Call to the Public:
1) None present
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Cavallaro. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 9:18pm.
Next meeting will be October 16, 2007 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski