Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
September 19, 2006
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the Adult Quiet Study Room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sandy Cavallaro, Peg Eibler, Barbaradell Kelley and Keith Phelps.
Absent: James Gleason.
Guest: Rana Emmons of Post, Smyth, Lutz and Ziel.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Eibler. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept the minutes as presented from the August 15, 2006 meeting was made by Kelley. Seconded byPhelps. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept as presented voucher #438 for $43,392.40 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
4) A motion to accept the Financial Report ending July 31, 2006 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
5) The Board received the 2005/2006 audit report from Rana Emmons of Post, Smythe, Lutz, Ziel. Emmons reported that the Library received an Unqualified opinion, the highest level available. Discussion of the audit followed.
1) L. Strandt has updated the library website. It is now more user friendly and better organized.
2) Hentz has developed an email list of teachers from Pinckney Community Schools so that notification of available materials and programs will be easier and faster.
3) Current magazines now have plastic covers to protect them.
4) Hentz was invited to be on The Library Network Steering Committee which discusses and makes recommendations to the co-op board.
1) Eibler accepted a thank you plaque and photos for the Library from H.E.R.O. regarding the Hamburg Family Fun Fest.
2) A motion to grant November 24, December 23 and December 30 as unpaid holidays was made by Kelley. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
3) At the October staff meeting, certificates will be awarded to G. Bowman and K. Harrier for 10 years of service.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) The Legislative Update from MLA was distributed.
Call to the Public:
1) None present
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Eibler. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 7:45 pm.
Next meeting will be October 17, 2006 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski