Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
September 20, 2005
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sandy Cavallaro, Peg Eibler, Barbaradell Kelley and Keith Phelps.
Absent: James Gleason
Guest: Rana Emmons from Post, Smythe, Lutz and Ziel
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented with the addition under Relevant Board Issues: Responsibilities of Trustees was made by Kelley. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept the minutes for the August 16, 2005 meeting was made by Eibler. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept the Financial Report ending August 31, 2005 was made by Kelley. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
4) A motion to accept as presented voucher #426 for $49,734.94 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
5) Emmons distributed the Audit Report booklets. The Library received the highest audit opinion possible, which is “unqualified”. A motion to accept the Audit Report was made by Kelley. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
A motion to instruct Hentz to forward a copy of the Audit Report to Hamburg Township was made by Eibler. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
1) Hentz made a presentation to the Pinckney Community Schools administrators informing them of library services. She will follow up with a thank you note to administrators and volunteer to speak to teachers at the individual school staff meetings.
2) Enrichment programs have been well attended. Halloween party limited to 75 children. Activities include hayride, games, pumpkin decorating with markers and lots of treats.
3) County librarians began preliminary plans for Livingston Reads, community reading program. Committee will select one title for Livingston Reads and plan for events.
4) Township DPW removed preview room counter. Area will be painted and outfitted with three music CD holders.
5) Maureen Burns will conduct the annual staff in-service day, to be held at the Salem-South Lyon Library. A motion to close the Library on November 4 for Staff in-service at South Lyon Library and pay $400.00 for in-service day fee was made by Phelps. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
2) Copies of the approved Internet Policy were distributed.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) Campbell read trustee duties from the library trustee handbook. She will speak to Gleason concerning his frequent absence and the intention to remain on board as an active trustee.
Call to the Public:
1) None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:08 pm
Next meeting will be October 18, 2005 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski