Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
October 20, 2020 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell 7:00pm in Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, P. Eibler, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, J. Katakowski.
Member absent: None.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Colone. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from September 15, 2020 as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Two present (Crystal Walter & Bridgette Rosek), no comments made.
- Motion by Hocking to accept the September 2020 Financial Report. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion by Evergreen to approve Library Voucher # 607 in the amount of $86,484.42. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 920 in-house visits; 33 new patrons; 5,636 item check-outs; 872 Axis360 check-outs; 31 Zinio check-outs; 144 Unlimited Audiobook check-outs; and 72 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 187; Twitter at 409; Facebook at 1,155; 2,307 website uses; 1,170 wifi uses.
- Other News: Closed Wednesday, Nov. 11 for Veteran’s Day.
- Upcoming programs:
- Oct. 19 Craft: Clothespin Snowflakes, Free
- Oct. 22 R.E. Olds & Industrial Lansing @ 6:30pm
- Oct. 28 Book Club: Seven Day of Us by Francesca Hornak @ 6:30pm
- Nov. 2 Craft: Book Candles, Free
- Nov. 4 Book Club: Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes @ 1:00
- Nov. 5 Finding Your Immigrant Ancestors @ 6:30pm
- Nov. 10 Rare Book Collection at Library of Michigan @ 6:30pm
- Nov. 12 My Little Michigan Kitchen with Mandy McGovern @ 6:30pm
- Nov. 16 Craft: Hanger Snowflake, Free
- Emergency Orders from state departments – Hentz explained that the new emergency orders are the same as the previous ones set by the governor.
- Library Services on Election Day – In anticipation of a very heavy voter turnout, staff asked for library services to be limited to Curbside Service only on Tuesday, Nov. 3. Notices will be made on social media and other sources. Motion by Colone to limit library services to Curbside Service only on Tuesday, Nov. 3. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Table discussion regarding the library assuming ownership of the Hamburg Historical Museum. Hentz was directed to invite the museum director to either the January or February meeting.
Relevant Board Issues
- The board said goodbye to both Peg Eibler (board member since 1992) and Jim Katakowski (board member since 2013) and thanked them for their many years of service to the library.
Motion to adjourn made by Katakowski. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:49pm.
Next Meeting: November 17, 2020 @ 7:00pm