Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
October 15, 2019 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell 7:00pm in Group Study B Room.
Members present: J. Colone, P. Eibler, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, J. Katakowski,.
Member absent: None.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from September 17, 2019 as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- Motion by Colone to approve the September 2019 Financial Report. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Motion by Evergreen to approve Library Voucher # 595 in the amount of $67,947.10. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 174 average daily visits; 61 new patrons; 6,709 item check-outs; 452 Axis360 check-outs; 175 Zinio check-outs; 341 Hoopla check-outs; and 268 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 156; Twitter at 404; Facebook at 980; 2,853 website uses; 1,863 wifi uses.
- Other News: Attended Country Elementary Literacy Night, Sept. 26. “Talked with many families; it was a great turn-out.”
- Upcoming programs:
- Oct. 18 Friday Movie: Random Harvest (1942), Free, 3:00pm
- Oct. 19 Library Halloween Party, Free, 7:00pm
- Oct. 21 Henry Ford: The Man and His Ideas, Free, 6:30pm
- Oct. 23 Teen Night: Shazam, Free, 5:30pm
- Oct. 24 Michigan Haunts: Public Places, Eerie Spaces, Free, 6:30pm
- Oct. 29 Tuesday Movie: The Awful Truth (1937), Free, 6:00pm
- Nov. 1 Friday Movie: Mrs. Parkington (1944), Free, 3:00pm
- Nov. 2 Saturday Movie: Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939), Free, 1:00pm
- Nov. 6 Library Book Club: Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, Free, 1:00pm
- Nov. 6 Drop-In Genealogy Help, Free, 1:00pm
- Nov. 6 Drop-In Tech Help, Free, 4:00pm
- Nov. 7 Lunch & Learn: Warm Hugs Snow Globe, $10, noon
- Nov. 12 Tuesday Movie: Bringing Up Baby (1938), Free, 6:00pm
- Nov. 13 Teen Night: Please Stand By, Free, 5:30pm
- Nov. 14 Thursday Matinee: Rocketman, Free, 1:00pm
- Nov. 15 Friday Movie: The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1947), Free, 3:00pm
- Nov. 18 Maker Monday: Let It Snow Ornament, Free, 6:30pm
- E911 – Phone system has been installed and is working well. We now have caller ID and music when patrons are on hold. Weber was presented with a solution to the fax and security line which would save the library $187 per year. Motion made by Katakowski to approve phase 2 of the TSS phone service as presented which includes the fax and security lines. Supported by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Friends of the Library – Invitations to join the “core” group have been mailed. Waiting to hear back from everyone. So far, four people have been very positive about it.
- Art Fair – The library realized a net profit of $2,102.76.
- Banking Options – Weber met with Yvonne Jordan from Flagstar Bank and learned about their investment options, services, and service fees. It is Weber’s recommendation that the library remove all funds from Chase Bank and deposit into Flagstar Bank. Motion made by Katakowski to open checking and savings accounts at Flagstar Bank. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Two CDs are maturing:
- CIBC Bank – Motion made by Katakowski to roll over entire amount of $102,515.10 into a 90 CD at 1.9% or better. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- State Bank – Motion made by Katakowski to roll over entire amount of $251,541.10 into a 90 day CD at 1.9% or better. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- AWE literacy computers have warranties that are expiring. Motion made by Katakowski to purchase an additional 2 year warranty for each of the two AWE literacy computers at a total cost of $2,100.00. Seconded by Evergreen.
Relevant Board Issues
- Reminders: Halloween Party is Oct. 19 at 7pm & Livingston County Library Trustees & Directors annual meeting is Oct. 24 at Hartland Library at 6:30pm.
Motion to adjourn made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:55pm.
Next Meeting: November 19, 2019 @ 7:00pm