Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
October 18, 2016 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Jodi Colone, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
Guests: Rana Emmons, PSLZ.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the minutes from the September 20, 2016 meeting as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
Call to the public
- A motion to accept the 2015/2016 Audit Report with an unmodified opinion from Rana Emmons of Post, Smythe, Lutz & Ziel was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried. A copy of the audit report will be forwarded to the Township Treasurer to be filed with the Township’s annual audit.
- A motion to approve Financial Report for September 2016 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #559 in the amount of $50,557.19 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Statistics: an average of 166 patrons per day, 37 new patrons, 6,688 items circulated, 280 ebooks circulated, 108 emagazines circulated, 333 computer users.
- Marketing update: Instagram 87 followers, Twitter 255 followers, Facebook 524 followers. There was a story on WHMI radio on the Fine Art & Craft Fair (10/1/16), Christie & Carol were present at Country Elementary’s Literacy Night on 9/29/16.
- Other news: Library fall book sale is Nov. 19, along with the Senior Center’s Christmas Bazaar.
- Upcoming programs:
- 10/20 Thursday Matinee: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (R) Free, 1:00pm
- 10/22 Ghost Hunters of Southern Michigan, Free, 1:00pm
- 10/26 Strategies for Breaking Through Your Brick Wall (Genealogy series),
- 10/27 The Great Pumpkin with the Great Foodini, $10.00. 6:30pm
- 11/1 Michigan Boat-Building Industry, Free, 6:30pm
- 11/2 Library Book Club: The Blessing of the Animals, Free. 1:00pm
- 11/5 Detroit’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, Free, 1:00pm
- 1110 Lunch & Learn: Card Making, $10.00, Noon
- 11/14 Business Mentoring with SCORE, Free. 5.00pm
- 11/14 Healthy Living for Your Brain and Body, Free. 6:30pm
- 11/19 Book Sale & Senior Center Christmas Bazaar, 9am-2pm
- Thank you note from C. Armbuster regarding Art Fair.
- Thank you note from Salvation Army regarding participation in Summer Lunch Bunch.
- Board discussed the Community Needs Assessment Survey. Weber handed out results from previous survey for board discussion.
- Policy Review: Public Operating, sections 12-19 were discussed and some changes made. Next month the Board will review Administration, sections 1-7.
- Art Fair made a total profit of $1,660.53. Halloween saw 151 children and 103 adults.
- A motion to approve Option 4 to convert the hanging lights in the skylight area to LED in an amount not to exceed $8000.00 made by Crouch. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
- United for Libraries: Short Takes for Trustee video, tabled.
- Annual Library Directors & Trustees Dinner and Meeting on Wednesday, October 19 6:30pm at Howell Library. “Libraries of the Future”.
A motion to adjourn was made by Crouch. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:17 pm.
Next meeting will be November 15, 2016 @ 7:00pm.