Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
October 20, 2015 @ 7:05pm
Members present: Andy Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, and Jim Katakowski.
Absent: Richelle Hocking
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber
Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the minutes from September 15, 2015 meeting as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
Call to the public
1) A motion to accept the Financial Report for September 2015 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher #547in the amount of $54,747.89 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
1) The monthly people counter indicates average of 214 patrons per day.
2) September E-book circulation was 158 and Zinio stats (digital magazine) was 54 issues.
3) September new patrons was 56; number of items checked-out was 7,136.
4) Marketing update: Art Fair ads in local paper, Park It on Lakelands Trail 9/26 (30 people) Healthy Sharing for Healthy Caring 10/2 (260 people), Citizens Insurance Fair 10/7 (141 people), Township staff meeting (distributed event fliers), Township monthly report.
5) Art Fair update 427 attendees. Earned/profit: $2,111.93.
6) Halloween Party: 118 children and 107 parents.
1) Thank you letters regarding Art Fair from J. Hollenbeck and J. Yarbrough.
2) Thank you letter from Salvation Army regarding Summer Lunch Bunch.
1) Staff will be trained for credit card payments on Nov. 6.
2) Projection screen has been installed and is ready for use.
3) Meeting room tables ordered. Delivery expected 1-12-2016.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Livingston County Trustees & Directors meeting set for Wednesday Oct. 21 at Howell Library at 6:30pm. Board members to wear ID badge.
1) A motion to adjourn was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 7:40pm.
Next meeting will be November 17, 2015 at 7:00pm.