Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
October 15, 2013
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Andrew Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Eibler. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the September 17, 2013 minutes as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for September 2013 was made by Byerly. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #523 in the amount of $46,844.15 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Hentz reported charter bus trip to Sandhill Crane Vineyards on October 26 has 2 vacancies left. The Ann Arbor symphony performs at the library on November 15 at 5:30pm.
- Hentz reported the Fine Art Fair had less attendance but the profit was $2,632.59, more than $1200 increase from 2012 and there were more fine art artists than before.
- Reminders: Trustees & Director Meeting on October 23 at Pinckney Library at 6:30.
- Library’s annual Halloween Party on October 25 at 7:00pm. Volunteers are Eibler, Byerly, Katakowski, and Hocking.
- A motion to table the millage discussion until the November meeting was made by Byerly. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- A motion to purchase and install the SenSource People Counter not to exceed $3000.00 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Marilyn Grinnell has resigned effective mid-December due to retirement. Resumes are being accepted to fill her hours.
Relevant Board Issues
- Eibler will write the board member article for the winter newsletter.
A motion to adjourn was made by Crouch. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:47pm.
Next meeting will be November 19, 2013 at 7:00pm.