Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
October 18, 2011
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the meeting room.
Present: Peg Eibler, Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Michaelene Farrell, and Duncan McIntyre.
Absent: Richelle Hocking.
Guests: Rana Emmons of Post, Smythe, Lutz Ziel and Kathy Davis of Chase Bank.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the September 20, 2011 minutes as written was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
1) None present.
Rana Emmons, library auditor, complimented the Board on their fiscally conservative spending and responsible management of the taxpayers funds. The library received an unqualified audit. Motion by Crouch, seconded by Farrell to accept the 2010/2011 annual audit. Motion carried.
Kathy Davis explained Chase Bankís Positive Pay and ACH Debit Block programs. These services will help the library secure itís checking and savings account from potential fraud, and have a combined fee of $600 per year. Discussion under New Business.
1) A motion to accept the Financial report for September 2011 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion Carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 498 in the amount of $43,497.51 was made by Farrell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reminded the Board that the Livingston County Library Trustees/Directors meeting is Wednesday, October 19th. Halloween Party volunteers should be in the building by 5:30pm and park in the library parking lot.
2) The library is now offering Skype for job seekers.
1) The approved revised Bereavement policy was distributed to the Board.
2) A motion to have the quiet study room windows resealed and one broken window pane replaced not to exceed $2,088.21 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried. Hentz will seek bids from local contractors.
1) The Board discussed the benefits of the Positive Pay option and the ACH Debit Block. Motion to accept the Positive Pay and ACH Debit Block at a combined rate of $600 per year was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
2) Board discussed the possible date for the millage renewal. Discussion and decision tabled until next meeting.
Relevant Board Issues
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Crouch. Seconded by Campbell Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:21pm.
Next meeting will be November 15, 2011 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski