Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
October 21, 2008
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sandy Cavallaro, Peg Eibler, Barbaradell Kelley and Keith Phelps.
Absent: James Gleason.
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
Guests: Rana Emmons of Post, Smythe, Lutz and Ziel, Sally Crouch, Michaelene Farrell,
Richelle Hocking and Duncan McIntyre.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as amended was made by Campbell. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the September 16, 2008 minutes was made by Kelley. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept the Financial Report as presented for September 2008 was made Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
4) A motion to accept the Library Voucher #463 in the amount of $63,024.13 was made by Phelps. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
5) A motion to accept the 2007/2008 Audit Report presented by Rana Emmons of Post, Smythe, Lutz and Ziel was made by Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported two new benches were delivered and placed in the hall.
2) Trusted training DVDs available for new trustees.
3) Volunteer appreciation party held on October 11th. All who attended had a very enjoyable time. It is hoped to make this an annual event.
1) Thank you note for the volunteer appreciation luncheon from David and Connie Cylkowski.
1) Reminder: Trustee Dinner at Howell Library on Monday, Oct. 27 at 6:00pm. Attending: Hentz, Weber, Hocking, Farrell, Campbell.
1) A motion to close the library on the following days as unpaid holidays: November 28, December 26, 27, January 2, 3 was made by Kelley. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
2) Halloween party will be Friday, Oct. 24 at 7pm. Pre-registration required. Any volunteer help is appreciated.
3) A motion to insert the following sentence in the Internet Acceptable Use policy: "Computer sessions will not begin less than 30 minutes before closing" was made by Campbell. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
4) Hentz alerted the Board Members to a patron who has focused his attention on an employee. The police department was notified and the patron has ceased his unacceptable behavior. This behavior has been recorded and stored on video tape.
5) Weber reported the Beautification Committee has applied for a $300 grant for wildflowers. A winter wonderland theme is planned for the gardens this winter. Fall clean-up will be November 1, 10am to Noon. Request for strings of clear mini-lights and wired silver ribbon for decoration was made.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) Kelley attended the Detroit Metropolitan Book & Author's Luncheon. She mentioned that Garden City enrolled their entire elementary student body in the library system.
2) After 35+ years of service on the Library Board, Kelley said farewell and expressed her good wishes to all.
Call to the Public:
1) None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:08pm.
Next meeting will be November 18, 2008 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski