Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Meeting was called to order by President Cavallaro at 7:01pm.
Present: S. Cavallaro, K. Phelps, P. Eibler, B. Kelley, J. Gleason.
Absent: S. Campbell
Also present: H. Hentz, C. Weber, and Matt Eckmann of American Video Transfer.
Motion to approve the agenda made by Kelley, seconded by Eibler. Motion carried
Motion to approve minutes from the 9/18/07 joint meeting with Hamburg Township Board made by Phelps, seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
Motion to approve minutes from the 9/18/07 regular meeting made by Cavallaro, seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
Motion to approve financial report for September 2007 made by Eibler, seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
Motion to approve library voucher #451 in the amount of $70,592.38 made by Phelps, seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
1) Museum Adventure Pass program (sponsored by Macy's) begins Oct. 25, 2008 and is available at all metro Detroit public libraries. There are 25 arts and cultural institutions participating by giving free passes.
2) Fall HVAC maintenance begins. D & R was contracted to complete Fall and Spring routine maintenance on all HVAC units. Fall maintenance is scheduled for Oct. 17, 2007.
3) New Library Pages have started work. The library hired Annabel Wilie and Samantha Stoinski.
4) HERO recognition. The Library received a freestanding plaque to commemorate involvement with the 2007 Hamburg Family Fun Fest. Library staff are planning for the 2008 Festival. More information to come at a later date.
1) Proposed additional security cameras. Motion to approve proposal by American Video Transfer to provide 6 additional security cameras and hard drive upgrade in the amount of $4,262.00 made by Eibler, seconded by Phelps. Gleason voted no. Motion carried.
2) Landscape maintenance proposals received. Motion to approve landscape maintenance contract from Northland for the amount of $3,820.00 made by Phelps, seconded by Gleason. Eibler abstained. Motion carried.
3) Carpenter proposals received. Motion to approve carpentry work contract from Eibler Building to reconfigure front desk shelving in the amount of $1,450.00 made by Gleason, seconded by Kelley. Eibler abstained. Motion carried.
4) Records retention schedule policy. Motion to approve Records Retention Schedule policy as presented made by Phelps, seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
5) Millage election discussion. Motion to table millage election timing until November meeting made by Gleason, seconded by Phelps. Motion carried. Board directed Hentz and Weber to have the following documents ready for the November meeting: #1 Income to Expense report for past five years; #2 Projected forecast for next 5 years; #3 Income scenarios showing .5 mills, .45 mills, and .4 mills.
1) Patron bahavior policy was distributed for review.
2) Maintenance agree policy. Motion to accept the Maintenance Agree policy and forward to Township for approval made by Eibler, seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
3) Beautification Committee policy was distributed for review.
4) Roll over of CD ending 10/20/07. See attached for full motion.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) Phelps would like library to investigate possibility of a wind turbine.
2) Kelley will not be present at the December, January, and February board meetings.
3) Gleason praised B. Stokanovich for her work in developing and teaching the library's computer classes.
Call to the Public:
1) None present
Motion to adjourn the meeting made by Cavallaro, seconded by Eibler. Motion carried. Meeting was adjourned at 8:49pm.
Next meeting: November 20, 2007
Holly P. Hentz
Library Director and Acting Secretary