Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
October 19, 2004
Meeting called to order at 7:05pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Eibler, Gleason, Kelley and Pettigrove
Absent: Campbell, Ford
Also present: Hentz and Weber.
A motion to approve the agenda was made by Pettigrove. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
A motion to accept the minutes as presented for the September 21, 2004 meeting was made by Kelley. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
A motion to accept as presented the Financial Report for the period ending June 30, 2004 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Ford. Motion carried.
A motion to accept as presented the Financial Report for the period ending July 31, 2004 was made by Pettigrove. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
A motion to accept as presented the Financial Report for the period ending August 31, 2004 was made by Gleason. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
The Library Board of Trustees has received the Fiscal Year July 1, 2003 to June 30, 2004 Audit Report. Rana Emmons from Post, Smythe, Lutz & Ziel will make a formal presentation at the November 16, 2004 Board meeting.
A motion to have the Library’s Financial Controller forward two copies of the audited financial report to the Township Hall; one copy sent to the Township Clerk for the Township records and one copy sent to the accounting department to use during the township audit was made by Kelley. Seconded by Pettigrove. Motion carried.
A motion to pay voucher #415 in the amount of $46,374.67 as presented was made by Gleason. Seconded by Pettigrove. Motion carried.
· Carousel horse has been installed; fencing is needed for protection of the art work.
· Story hours have begun. All four storyhours are full.
· Halloween party on Wednesday, October 27 is almost full. Ben Spitzer & Sons Magic will be presented.
· Library received a letter from the Library of Michigan inviting us to join the state-wide online catalog. Hentz will investigate the compatibility between the two automation systems.
· Township has tabled the Library request for REU reductions pending the outcome of the flow analysis to be completed by the township engineer.
· Hentz proposed installing fencing surrounding the carousel horse for safety reasons. Approximate cost would be $720. Trustees agreed with the proposal.
· A motion to approve the Exhibitor Agreement Contract form as presented was made by Pettigrove. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
· December meeting moved to Tuesday, December 14, 2004. Gleason will be available in December to sign for last minute bill on credit card
· Township is encouraging the Library to have a defibrillator on site. Staff training sessions will be provided by Fire Dept. Staff is concerned about use of the defibrillator. Board directed Hentz to contact Foster Swift regarding legal implications. Action tabled until next month.
Relevant Board Issues:
· Kelley expressed “Thanks” on behalf of the book club for the opportunity to attend the Metro Detroit Book and Author luncheon held on 10/18/04. Library covered 50% of cost.
Call to the Public:
· None present
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Pettigrove. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:50PM
Next meeting will be November 16, 2004 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski