Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees Regular Meeting
October 21, 2003
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Eibler, Campbell, Ford, Gleason and Kelley.
Also present: Hentz and Weber
A motion to approve the agenda with the addition of Relevant Board Issues(1-Change December meeting date) was made by Campbell. Seconded by Ford. Motion carried.
A motion to accept the minutes as presented for the September 16, 2003 was made Kelley. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
A motion to accept as presented the payment of Bond Voucher #038 for $31,992.95 (Baker & Taylor Entertainment-$113.15; Baker & Taylor Books-$4,410.80; Ellison-$1,858.50; Hamburg Township Library – 17,672.56; Lakes Electric - $6,750.00; Library Design Assoc. Inc-$1,187.94) was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried at 7:10PM.
A motion to accept library voucher #403 as presented for $43,051.72 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Ford. Motion carried.
A motion to accept as presented the financial report for the period ending August 31, 2003 was made by Gleason. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
A motion to accept as presented the financial report for the period ending September 30, 2003 was made by Kelley. Seconded by Ford. Motion carried.
· Bree Stokanovich was hired as new staff member.
· New book drops have been installed.
· Staff has decided not to sell the Train Excursion tickets next year. Will continue to display publicity and support the Hamburg Festival and Railroad Days.
· Hentz distributed program update. First five programs have been well received by patrons. Seven programs to follow ending with Santa’s visit on 12/12/03.
· TLN Board of Directors held their monthly meeting at the library. Members were favorably impressed with facility.
· The last library construction bond voucher #038 has been paid. This account needs to be closed on October 23, 2003. Weber notified Twp. Treasurer of this.
· The township sent a copy of their resolution to switch check writing responsibility to library.
· A motion to approve the proposal for the music collection policy was made by Campbell. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
· A motion to move the December Library Board meeting to December 9, 2003 at 7pm was made by Gleason. Seconded by Ford. Motion carried.
Call to the Public: None present
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Gleason. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 7:25pm.
Next meeting will be November 18, 2003 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski