Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. PO Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48189
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
November 16, 2021 @ 7:00pm
Present: Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, Mary Evergreen, Jodie Colone, Crystal
Absent: Bridgette Rosek
Also Present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber
This regular meeting of the Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees was called to order by Michaelene Farrell at 7:03pm.
- Motion to approve Agenda as presented made by Hocking; seconded by Colone; Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from October 19, 2021 as presented made by Colone; seconded by Walter; Motion carried.
Call to the Public: None present.
- Motion to approve the November 2021 Financial Report as presented made by Jodie Colone; seconded by Richelle Hocking; Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher #620 in the amount of $53,961.56 made by Mary Evergreen; seconded by Richelle Hocking; Motion carried.
- In-house Statistics: 3,758 patrons served; 279 new patrons; 5,079 in-house item check-outs, 83 computer uses.
- Online Statistics: Axis360 check-outs: 825; PressReader check-outs: 143; Ancestry uses: 73; Tutor.com uses: 0; Infobase uses: 0; Career Guidance uses: 0; Niche Academy uses: 9.
- Other News: None.
- Upcoming Programs
- 11/16 Spice Club (V), 1:00pm
- 11/17 DIA Presents Diego Rivera and the Detroit Industry Murals (V), 6:30pm
- 11/22-12/11 Toys for Tots Toy Drive
- Dec Mitten Tree
- 12/1 Jackie’s Book Club: You Were There Too by Colleen Oakley (IP+V),
- 12/1 Michigan Holiday Memories (V), 6:30pm
- 12/4 Writing Critique with DA Henneman, 1:00pm
- 12/6 Adult Craft Kit: Winter Wonderland Pom-Pom Wreath ($5)
- 12/7 Ornament Making for ages 5 and under, 6:30pm
- 12/8 Ornament Making for ages 6+, 6:30pm
- 12/14 Spice Club (V), 1:00pm
- Millage discussion. Motion to approve 8 year millage for 0.950 Mills made by Walter; seconded by Hocking; Motion carried.
- Replacement of broken window scheduled for 12/2/21.
- Open Meetings Act and Library Privacy Act discussion & questions. New @hamburglibrary.org emails for Library Board of Directors will be set up after Thanksgiving. Details will be forwarded to everyone’s personal email.
- Library Policy Manual updates are being updated. Complete copies will be printed and provided to the Library Board of Directors.
- Annual fire suppression system inspection: Motion to hire Johnson Controls to perform annual fire suppression system update as quoted for $1,510.00 made by Colone; seconded by Hocking; Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
- Motion to reschedule December meeting from 12/21 to 12/14 made by Walter; seconded by Colone; Motion carried.
- Motion to adjourn the meeting made by Evergreen; seconded by Colone; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 08:08pm.
Next Meeting: December 14, 2021 @ 7:00pm.