Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
November 17, 2020 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell 7:00pm in Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, B. Rosek, C. Walter.
Member absent: None.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
- Election of new officers, 2 year term
- President: Michaelene Farrell
Nominated by Evergreen; Seconded by Hocking
- Vice President: Jodie Colone
Nominated by Hocking; Seconded by Rosek
- Treasurer: Mary Evergreen
Nominated by Colone; Seconded by Rosek
- Secretary: Richelle Hocking
Nominated by Colone; Seconded by Evergreen
- Motion to approve the minutes from October 20, 2020 as presented made by Colone. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Motion by Hocking to accept the October 2020 Financial Report. Seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
- Motion by Evergreen to approve Library Voucher # 608 in the amount of $51,936.97. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 744 in-house visits; 277 new patrons; 5,052 item check-outs; 905 Axis360 check-outs; 25 Zinio check-outs; unknown audiobook check-outs; and 56 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 185; Twitter at 410; Facebook at 1,168; 2,286 website uses; 1,056 wifi uses.
- Other News: Instituted Curbside Service only beginning Thursday, Oct. 22 and continuing through Nov. 30.
- Upcoming programs:
- Nov. 18 Book Club @ 6:30pm: The Woman Upstairs by Claire Messud.
- Nov. 30 Craft: Holiday Wine Cork Wreath, $5.00
- December Mitten Tree – Donate new gloves, mittens, scarves, hats
- Dec. 1-12 Toys for Tots – Donate new, unwrapped toys
- Dec. 1 Ornament Making for children, Free
- Dec. 2 Book Club @ 1:00pm: The Music Shop by Rachel Joyce
- Library Reopening Update: The library has gone back to Phase 2 (curbside only) until Nov. 30. However, the new state mandate has extended that date to Dec. 9. Motion by Evergreen to extend Phase 2 timeline to Dec. 31. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- CD Maturing: Motion by Rosek to roll over the CIBC CD for the entire amount plus interest earned of $105,071.07 into a one year CD at 0.27% or better. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Update Board Bylaws – The Open Meetings Act has a new requirement that the Board must adopt procedures for remote meetings in their bylaws. Hentz referred a few questions to the library attorney and is awaiting response.
- Update Phases of Service Plan – Motion by Evergreen to link the library’s Phases of Service to the State’s Safe Start Dashboard in the following manner: Phase 1, ordered by the Governor or other State Department; Phase 2, Michigan Safe Start Level D/E; Phase 3, Michigan Safe Start Level A/B/C; Phase 4, Michigan Safe Start Level Low. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Update Preparedness and Response Plan & Reopening Policy: New emergency rule from MIOSHA that a Remote Work statement and policy must be included in all pandemic plans. Motion by Colone to include the following statement in both documents: “During a pandemic, it is understood that all work that can be conducted at home will be done so. Only public service staff will be on premises. Other staff must severely limit their time on premises. Whether working from home or on premises, all staff will continue to be paid their regular wages and continue their benefits as outlined in the Policy Manual.” Seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
- It is expected the December meeting will be conducted virtually.
Motion to adjourn made by Evergreen. Seconded by Walter. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:50 pm.
Next Meeting: December 15, 2020 @ 7:00pm