Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
November 20, 2018 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Hocking at 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, P .Eibler, M. .Evergreen R. Hocking, J. Katakowski.
Member absent: M. Farrell.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Colone. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from October 16, 2018 as presented made by Eibler. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for October 2018 made by Eibler. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 584 in the amount of $188,372.77 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 249 average daily visits; 69 new patrons; 6,293 item check-outs; 650 Axis360 check-outs; 89 Zinio check-outs; 359 Hoopla check-outs; and 243 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 120; Twitter at 369; Facebook at 756; 2,308 website uses; 3,552 wifi uses.
- Other news: Halloween Update: 122 kids, 111 adults (2017: 145 kids, 106 adults) + several who only come for hayride. Toys for Tots drive: Nov. 24 to Dec. 15. New, unwrapped toys. Mitten Tree: Dec. 1 to Dec. 31. New gloves, mittens, scarves, hats.
- Upcoming programs:
- 11/26 Maker Monday: Creative Christmas Ornaments, Free, 6:30pm
- 11/27 Ornament Making for 5 and under, Free, 6:30pm
- 11/28 Ornament Making for 6 +, Free, 6:30pm
- 11/28 Drop-In Tech Help, Free, 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- 12/4 Faygo History, Tuesday, 6:30pm
- 12/5 Library Book Club: Tell the Wolves I’m Home by Carol Brunt, Free, 1:00pm
- 12/5 Visit from Santa, Free, 6:30pm
- 12/6 Lunch & Learn: Holiday Centerpiece, Free, noon
- 12/10 Electronic Library Resources, Free, 6:30pm
- 12/11 Christmas Concert, Free, 6:30pm
- 12/12 Teen Night (movie: Elf), Free, 5:30pm
- Renovation Project: Part 2: Most of the work is complete. We are waiting for the swinging door behind the desk, finishing some rough edges on the shelves, the rest of the power outlets to be installed at the front desk, and the entryway carpet.
- CDs maturing:
- Motion to roll over CIBC CD upon maturing on 11/27/2018 in the amount of $100,779.31 into a 5 month CD for an interest rate of at least 2.45% made by Colone. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Motion to roll over Chase Bank CD upon maturing on 11/23/2018 in the amount of $102,441.11 into a 2 month CD for an interest rate of at least 1.75% made by Eibler. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
- Hentz attended the MLA Annual Conference in October. Information brought back to the staff has made some improvements & changes:
- Lexile reading levels are being cataloged with all the youth books. Staff also has a DRA & Accelerated Reader reading level conversion chart (convert to Lexile levels).
- Read by Grade 3 Law: We are working with Pinckney Schools to be listed on their “Resource Page” for children who need more literacy help.
- Will be circulating board games after the first of the year to get more people into the library.
- We are now scheduling social media posts ahead of time to make it easier to keep up.
- Filtering software must be installed on all computers in the library in order to be CIPA compliant. Christine is working with Net Nanny to get licenses and installation.
Relevant Board Issues
- Resolution and new policy were handed out.
Motion to adjourn made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:36pm.
Next Meeting: December 18, 2018 @ 7:00pm