Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
November 21, 2017 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell at 7:00pm.
Members present: Colone, Eibler, Evergreen, Farrell
Members absent: Hocking, Katakowski
Also present: Hentz, Weber
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the minutes from October 17, 2017 meeting as presented was made by Colone. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – None present.
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for October 2017 as presented was made by Colone. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve Library Voucher # 572 in the amount of $80,213.34 was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 222 average daily visits; 55 new patrons; 6,936 item check-outs, 553 Axis360 check-outs; 64 Zinio check-outs; 150 Hoopla check-outs; 293 computer users.
- Marketing update: 100 Instagram; 335 Twitter; 625 Facebook; 2,233 website visits; 3,262 wifi uses.
- Other news: Toys for Tots toy drive: Nov. 25 to Dec. 16. Mitten Tree: Dec. 1 to Dec. 31. Farrell & Hentz attended Chamber of Commerce’s Lunch w/ Legislators on Friday, Nov. 10.
- Upcoming programs:
- 11/27 Legendary Detroit Retail, Free, 6:30pm
- 11/28 Ornament Making for 5 and under, Free, 6:30pm
- 11/29 Ornament Making for 6 and over, Free, 6:30pm
- 11/30 Drop-In Tech Help, Free, 6:00pm
- 12/5 Early Aviation Pioneers, Free, 6:30pm
- 12/6 Library Book Club: Water for Elephants, Free, 1:00pm
- 12/6 Santa Claus visit, Free, 6:30pm
- 12/7 Lunch & Learn: Quilted Christmas Tree, Free, noon
- 12/11 Maker Monday: Holiday Gift Card Holders, Free, 6:30pm
- Update on Lighting replacement project for parking lot lights - The lighting has been ordered and is tentatively scheduled to arrive on November 24th. HP Electric is going to do the installation.
- Halloween Party update: 145 children, 106 adults.
- Book Sale update - the library made $827.00.
- Library interior upgrades - It is proposed to move the front desk to the staff hallway area, reconfigure the vacated front desk area, and add 3 small study rooms in the reference/genealogy area. Motion to approve working with Library Design Associates without engaging the bidding process because LDA has designed then entire interior of the library through a previous bidding process was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
Motion to adjourn was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:38pm.
Next Meeting is December 19, 2017 @ 7:00pm.